New Assassin's Creed Announced

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Assassin's Creed: Revelations has finally been given a proper reveal and it'll feature within the pages of the next issue of Game Informer, with a 12-page exposé on Ezio's final chapter in the saga, with a story that's set to show how Altair, Desmond and Ezio all fit into the overarching narrative.

Each will be playable in the game, with Ezio's portion of the game taking him to Constantinople to explore the Ottoman Empire and Desmond's part picking up directly after the shocking events that concluded Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

New gameplay features are promised for the upcoming AC sequel, including a brand new weapon and a new tool that will apparently transform the way in which you navigate your way around the game world. Multiplayer will also be making a return, with all new customisation options and more besides.

Check out the exclusive Game Informer cover below and check out the first screenshot taken from the game. Assassin's Creed: Revelations is due to release this November 2011.
assassins_creed_rev_GI_cover.jpg

1280x1024_ac_screen.jpg

Source: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...cially-Revealed---Altair-and-Ezio-United.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:happydog::happydog::woo::woo::happypuppy:

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Oh great, so this is gonna be a yearly title now too huh?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Color me MEH. I was expecting to put Ezio to rest and make way for another character. Maybe something a tad more modern like the French Revolution since they love trying to weave real history into these things.

Oh WELL.

BaZaRiaH

Castle Guard
Apr 24, 2011
i enjoyed the first two games, still need to play brotherhood.. from whats been mentioned so far this could have some interesting story twists

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i cant fucking wait. look at ezio. he looks so old. as a hardcore AC fan tho im dissapointed the project legacy update has taken so long

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
New details

As is the case with every Game Informer exclusive reveal, it’s not long before details from the feature are spilled all over the internet. Yesterday Ubisoft announced its next Assassin’s Creed title and today, the internet is awash is all kinds of revelations – seewhutIdidthar?

The information comes courtesy of NeoGAF once again, and reveals that Ezio will spend most of his time in Constantinople in its 4 huge districts (Constantin, Beyazid, Imperial and Galata; as well as visiting Cappadocia) searching for seals to peek into Altair’s life – much like Desmond does with his ancestors. Yes, you’ll take control of both Altair and a 50 year old Ezio, as well as Desmond.

Ezio has access to a new item called a “hookblade,” which allows him to use ziplines throughout the city – speeding up navigation by 30% according to Ubisoft Montreal – which doubles up as a weapon allowing him to reach out and pull enemies in for a combo. The control scheme as such has been modified slightly to incorporate this new item and with a new crafting system for bombs – of which there are 300 bomb types – the combat sees a few changes.

Eagle Vision becomes “Eagle Sense,” which according to Creative Director, Alexandre Amancio, “Let's you focus on a character and see where he's been. You'll get an approximation of where he will go. If you're able to detect the path a guard will take, you can run ahead, set a bomb, and create a trap or an ambush.”

Borgia Towers have been expanded to become Assassin’s Dens which you must assault to take down the Templar presence – there’s more variety this time as well. Once obtained, you can upgrade buildings in the region to include ziplines and change guards from hostile to neutral, amongst other things. You can, however, lose control of these Dens as you gain notoriety, but you can send your own troops in to protect it and you can even appoint a master assassin to control it and protect it from future attacks.

Traditional side missions make way in favour of random events – like a shop owner being robbed or a little girl asking for help – and Revelations’ Mocam facial technology, according to Game Informer, is also said to be on par with LA Noire’s. You’ll also be able to customise your character’s appearance and weapons, as well as create guilds.

Desmond is back too, jumping back into the Animus where he finds a safe mode called the “Black Room,” which allows him to access lost memories through a back door. Desmond’s gameplay sequences are described as “narrative-fuelled puzzle sequences.

What about multiplayer though? According to GI, it returns, but this time it’s more about the narrative since that’s at the core of Assassin’s Creed, which will no doubt please fans.

I like it so far

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I'm slightly interested in this. Let's see how it turns out. I love AC and all, but I'm afraid of the Call of Duty syndrome.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So I'm getting the feeling this is another milk attempt so to speak. As in they'll work this over and there'll still be a ACIII.

Too bad nobody will care by then.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
So I'm getting the feeling this is another milk attempt so to speak. As in they'll work this over and there'll still be a ACIII.

Too bad nobody will care by then.

They gotta make Assassin's Creed 1822, Assassin's Creed 1943, Assassin's Creed 2001, Assassin's Creed 5000 BC, and Assassin's Creed: Future Edition first.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;8PIHRgFOLCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PIHRgFOLCU[/video]

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Not sure I am into this at all. I played AC 1 and 2, but didn't really get into Ezio as a character. I didn't really like him much and with 2 more games as him as the lead doesn't entice me.

And plus.....

The second they introduced space aliens I phased out....Weird mind trips to the past while sitting a giant LSD injection machine and looking for magic apples is ok and all. But aliens controlling our race? c'mon!!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I never really got into these games. I only got about 30 minutes into the first game before I got bored of it. I didnt play the 2nd, and Brotherhood has unique multiplayer but it can be especially frustrating.

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
I never really got into these games. I only got about 30 minutes into the first game before I got bored of it. I didnt play the 2nd, and Brotherhood has unique multiplayer but it can be especially frustrating.

Yeah I agree with ya on that. I didn't even pay attention to the story of Brotherhood because I don't know shit from shinola about AC but I beat it.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Yeah I agree with ya on that. I didn't even pay attention to the story of Brotherhood because I don't know shit from shinola about AC but I beat it.

I like the SP of the Creed games, I still need to play the second one though
The SP is why I play them