Never getting a pet again :(

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
So our 9 y/o kitty Chupa is dying. He's clearly in pain, and we need to have him euthanized. Back in PEI we had to have one of our cats euthanized and the whole ordeal only cost us about $80. Here it looks like it will cost us around $250. I just can't believe that. They have to do an exam first because he's only 9, thats $75. Then the euthanasia costs $130. And then $30 to have him buried since I don't have anywhere to do that here.

If I had plenty of money I would have made the appointment and just get it over with, but I have like $450 until our next pay, and I just can't justify spending that much money to have my cat put down when I only have that much money for groceries and stuff, and I still have other bills to pay out of next pay. I'm just so frustrated right now. I know it's horrible but I was really hoping that when I woke up this morning I was going to find that Chupa passed in his sleep last night. I just don't know what to do.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
My father offered to pay for half of it, so I scheduled it for this afternoon.
:(

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Well, it's done now. You could tell at the vet clinic that he was ready to go. :( :( :(

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Sorry to hear. :( What was wrong with him?

Always one of the toughest things to go through.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
urinary blockage of some kind, which lead to multiple other issues

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, its awful. I never really got over the guilt I had from the passing of my cat back in 2010. I spent a week pretty much not eating or talking to really anyone, until someone told me they had a kitten that needed a home. I felt more guilt because it felt like I was replacing my old cat, but it was more of a distraction from the constant pain I felt - but even today I still feel depressed anytime I think about it.

I know in probably less than 10 years from now, I'll be in the same situation with Oreo that I was with Midnight and it'll be just as difficult, so I can't really blame you for not wanting to go through with this again. Pets are great for your mental well-being, but when their time nears, it really really sucks.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
sorry to hear sab, pets are something that are taken for granted sometimes. ol chief can barely walk anymore, I know his time is short. i know it's especially hard when there's no real money to be had. it's hard to justify the expense, but its also hard to dismiss them as just an animal or something.

sorry again.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah, its awful. I never really got over the guilt I had from the passing of my cat back in 2010. I spent a week pretty much not eating or talking to really anyone, until someone told me they had a kitten that needed a home. I felt more guilt because it felt like I was replacing my old cat, but it was more of a distraction from the constant pain I felt - but even today I still feel depressed anytime I think about it.

I know in probably less than 10 years from now, I'll be in the same situation with Oreo that I was with Midnight and it'll be just as difficult, so I can't really blame you for not wanting to go through with this again. Pets are great for your mental well-being, but when their time nears, it really really sucks.

TRY IN LESS THAN TWO YEARS. ARRRRRRGH