Movie: Resident Evil Degeneration

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Resident+Evil+Degeneration.jpg

Full movie on Youtube here (Account required)

Well I got bored between classes today and decided to watch a movie on Youtube since our shitty computers don't like Netflix for some reason. I ended up watching Resident Evil: Degernation.

The only thusfar canonical movie set in the Resident Evil universe, Degeneration stars Leon Kennedy and Claire Refield and takes place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5.

It's been years since the destruction of Raccoon City and Claire Redfield is now working for an organization responsible for coordinating search and rescue efforts in the aftermath of terrorist attacks. She's waiting at an airport when a bio terrorist attack occurs. The airport is sealed off by the military and special Agent Leon Kennedy is sent in to investigate and extract any survivors.

The voice acting is wildly inconsistent, ranging from passable to horrible, and exacerbated by the fact that the voices rarely, if ever, match exactly with the movements of the characters' mouths. On the flip side, the action sequences are done pretty well and it has a very dinstinct Resident Evil flavor. The story is thin but decent and makes a few passing references to Resident Evil 2, 4, and even 5.

All in all, I'd rate it a 7.5/10. Worth watching at least once, but not something I see myself coming back to again and again.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
Did you really just say that CLAIRE ISN'T AS GOOD AS JILL?! Yer nuts.

Dec 8, 2013
I agree with Logan I thought the movie was ok to but felt just wanting more out of it, its kind of like the feeling you get when you play a game expect it to be long with a compelling story but it turns out to be short with most of the games just being filled with repetitive side quest.

BreeOlsen

Deku Scrub
Game Over
Nov 25, 2013
i was not aware that movie has an animated version as well .. though i was known with the game of the same title .. so why not to to see this new

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
there is only one version. And its barely close to any game, just has the characters.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
not you gah
plus robots do not feel emotion so won't know that its rude