Movie: October Sky

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Rated: PG 13 most likely

I keep seeing this movie during school so might as well.

-It takes place in Coalwood, West Virginia in the 1950's during the time Soviet Union launched Sputnik. When Homer sees it he is inspired to make a rocket, which fails miserably. He keeps trying with his friends and their teacher tells them the winners of the science fair go to the nationals, and those winners get a scholarship for college.

The men in Coalwood are all coal miners, the lucky few get out on football scholarships. Homer sees this as his chance to get into the outside world and live his life. He wants to go out in space.-

This movie has no bad guys, no real action. It has a few entertaining scenes with lots of rockets exploding, mere family drama, some scenes that don't mean anything in the movie at all, and a kid that mumbles so bad you can't understand him.

It's still all right, if you're into that kind of think. I don't think it was that bad. Not really climatic and the ending is an easy prediction.

3/5

D

Don Francisco

The book was decently good. Nothing great. I'd give the book 3/5 as well, I guess.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
we watched that and contact in astronomy.

and by watched, i mean i slept.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I thought october sky and contact were pretty gud movies.