Morrowind or Oblivion

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Take your pic! We all remember the frothing anticipation we shared for Oblivion in the months and weeks before it came out. And it was good.

But was it as good as Morrowind? Of course, certain aspects of the game were better. Graphics, and the combat system for example. I, however, feel that Morrowind is in fact the better game.

In Morrowind, each town and area has distinct geography and the buildings differ greatly in aesthetics from town-to-town. Morrowind also had a less fucked-up leveling system, and enemies did not level up with you. I HATE when enemies level up with me.

Exploring Morrowind never got old until I'd seen every square inch of it several times over. I didn't see everything in Oblivion - I didn't really want to. Sure it was great to look at but it was all pretty samey.

Plus I spent about 2 summers playing Morrowind for ridiculous amounts of time every day. It's one of my favorite games ever. Oblivion's great too but in the end I have to give 1st place to Morrowind.

TAKE YO' PICK.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I liked oblivion better.. but I still got bored. In the end I just end up wanting to stab people anyways.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah on Morrowind I just made a file for killing everybody in the world.

Stupid respawns.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
man I haven't played oblivion in forever. I kinda want to buy it for 360. With morrowind I kinda couldn't play far before I'd be like MEH. Oblivion I got sort of far if I remember. I hated combat though. Stupid blocks.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Magic was easier for combat cuz if you aim right it always hits.

Then again I never used magic in Oblivion. Only in Morrowind.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
man fuck magic. i will bash your face in with a mallet.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Fire - 100pt damage
Thunder - 100pt damage
Blizzard - 100pt damage

Largest area of effect, largest time of effect

This is how you destroy the entire town of Balmora in one shot

Myoia

CAT ADVENTURE
Apr 10, 2007
except the people hiding in houses! They live in another dimension :[

I liked Morrowind better. I really liked all the unique items you could find while exploring. Oblivion hardly had any at all, and I was really disappointed.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
For the guys in houses you just smash their faces in and steal all their things, its pretty fun

Myoia

CAT ADVENTURE
Apr 10, 2007
I always did the fighters quest where you kill the orc with the multi-story house. It's important to have a house to store all your phat lootz.

Either that, or download a mod.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Which Great House was the best one? Redoran is the answer.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Having a mushroom tower WAS pretty pimp

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I loved Oblivion, mostly due to the physics integration, but overall I enjoyed Morrowind much more.

Morrowind = 300+ hours
Oblivion = 160-ish hours

Chris FTW

Castle Guard
May 5, 2007
Morriwind > Oblivion. Although the graphics were better and the combat was improved, I still think Bethesda put much more GOOD in Morrowind.
:andrew:

Myoia

CAT ADVENTURE
Apr 10, 2007
One thing I hated about BOTH games was the level system. While I did think that the way skills increased was reasonable enough, I hated how the attribute multipliers worked. You were practically penalized for not leveling up thirty skills and EXACTLY skills with ten points in each attribute you intended to level! It was really lame.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I like how chris just put the word 'good' and :andrew: in the same post