Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
The main mission is really short (I beat it in 1 hour 10 minutes) but there are other missions to play as well, and replay value seems pretty high, so you'd probably get 10-15 hours out of the game total.

Great graphics, gameplay is a huge step up from previous MGS games as well. Full of Kojima's usual brand of crazy shit, too.

8/10.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So having spent some more time with this, played all the side missions and extras, and generally done some more fucking around, I can say this game is officially great. Still too short but hey.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
The actual gameplay (i.e stealth mechanics, shooting, CQC, controls in general) are just a ton better than any other MGS.

It's kind of hard to say it's better than an actual fully-fledged MGS game, because it's so short, but if this game is anything to go by, The Phantom Pain will be much better than MGS4.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Also not sure how I feel about Kiefer Sutherland as Snake. Kind of sounds like he's trying a bit too hard to be super gruff. Although to be fair he doesn't have a lot of dialogue (not much dialogue in an MGS game?!) so we'll see.

Oh yeah and the cutscene at the end is kind of seriously messed up!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I never played ground zeroes but I played MGSV and I thought it was like really fucking shitty. It reeked of "KOJIMA GENIUS SAN HERE IS BRANK CHECK-U" and they let him fuck about with billions of yen for years and he shat out some weird japanese nightmare.