Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
fox_poster_02.jpg

[video=youtube;L5IVOs5Pxh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5IVOs5Pxh8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Info:
-First game from Kojima Productions to utilize the Fox Engine
-Coming in 2013 to Xbox 360, PC, and PS3
-Completely Open World
-Usable Vehicles!
-Takes place canonically after Peace Walker.
-Judging by Big Boss's age and the technology he's using, probably takes place in the 80s
-MGS:GZ is not MGS5
-Kojima hinted that Solid Snake might be included in the game somehow
-Big Boss is in command of a military group called the "Diamond Dogs."

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
yea i saw that they have this, a movie and a social game coming out. someone needs to put this franchise to bed already

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
yea i saw that they have this, a movie and a social game coming out. someone needs to put this franchise to bed already

...You're the guy that's all hyped up for Assassin's Creed III, right?

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
...You're the guy that's all hyped up for Assassin's Creed III, right?

the first metal gear was released in 1987. the first assassins creed was released in 2007. yeah...its exactly the same thing.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
If anything that's just a testament to how well good design holds up through the ages.

Assassin's Creed sees yearly releases. MGS4 came out in 2008. If anything, Assassin's Creed needs a rest.

milk.gif

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
If anything that's just a testament to how well good design holds up through the ages.

Assassin's Creed sees yearly releases. MGS4 came out in 2008. If anything, Assassin's Creed needs a rest.

Ok. First off you just countered your own argument immediately after you said it. But idiocy aside, Peace Walker came out 2 years ago and there's already an upcoming metal gear game thats not even out yet. Its blatantly obvious that the series is being pushed to its maxes with each new installment convoluting the story more and more. While the assassins creed franchise has (admittedly by its producers) been pushed to tell a story before its december 2012 in game deadline. You want to say its going on for too long after that...then fine. But every installment (minus one) has been justified in my opinion.

During its hay day I was the biggest MGS fan on the planet. I wrote a fanfic, 2 parodies, own the document of MGS2 and captured every single dogtag in sons of liberty. do you have any idea how time consuming that is? and i did it for no other reason than being obsessed with the series. hell, i even bought the limited edition of MGS4 when i didnt even own a PS3 just because i wanted to own the game. but they've turned me away with their needless desire to keep the story going. enough is enough

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i dont think AC is convoluted at all. if you enjoy the story its not hard to follow. but if you write it off then you're not going to pay attention and obviously wont understand it.

MGS on the other hand contradicts itself from one game to the next.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Ah, I wasn't aware we were also including portable titles. If that's the case, we have to include all of the portable Assassin's Creed titles on DS, PSP, VITA, and iOS.

Speaking of which...

Enough is enough?
980388_o.gif

Did Ezio really need 3 games? (Again, not counting Assassin's Creed: Discovery since it's portable)

Not that Assassin's Creed isn't enjoyable, but it isn't even in the same ballpark as MGS. Come on now.

Oh, and the Animus is a useless piece of crap that has no meaningful bearing on the narrative. Thanks for playing, come again soon!

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
yeah...mgs 2 and 3 were both so good they had to re-release them packaged with more content and calling them completely different games. personally i think mgs was the best. no need to worry though. they remade that too. thats not milking a franchise dry or anything.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
yeah...mgs 2 and 3 were both so good they had to re-release them packaged with more content and calling them completely different games. personally i think mgs was the best. no need to worry though. they remade that too. thats not milking a franchise dry or anything.

I'm just rustlin' yer jimmies, son. To each his own.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
lonG HAIR DON'T CARE my body is ready whisk me away big boss

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
on a seperate note. im playing mgs4 for the second time...and its much better when skipping thru the 72 hours of cutscenes.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
anybody seen the new mgs5 trailer? it presented very well. but this series is driving me crazy

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
knowyourrole.gif
knowyourrole.gif
knowyourrole.gif

Years between last fully numbered sequel of MGS and official announcement of next installment: almost 5

Years between last fully numbered sequel of Assassin's Creed and official announcement of next installment: 0

Metal Gear is definitely squeezing some blood from that stone, but Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty are the main offenders.