Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
339px-RevengeanceKeyArt.jpg

According to the English Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance website, the main premise of the story is that Raiden has been contracted for VIP protection, military training, and other duties by Private Military and Security Companies in a developing country piecing itself back together after a bloody civil war, but then the country is suddenly overrun by cyborgs, forcing Raiden to go back to battle again. The trailer also implies that he may have reverted back to his Jack the Ripper persona, and that some cyborg bald men in black suits and shades with similar high-frequency blades to Raiden will be involved in the story.

While the game was originally to be set in between MGS2 and MGS4, Kojima has confirmed that the game takes place AFTER Metal Gear Solid 4. This shift was apparently made to give Rising it's own self-contained story and allow Platinum some creative freedom.

[video=youtube;5SNo8h-KfAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SNo8h-KfAU[/video]

Oh, and apparently there is ANOTHER new trailer tomorrow, December 12.

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I saw Kamiya's name mentioned absolutely nowhere in all of the ensuing hubbub.

WE WANT BAYONETTA 2 AND WE WANT IT NOW! FUCK!

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
so wait...whats revengeance? is that the name of the main game? i thought it was just metal gear rising.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I still haven't played Bayonetta yet either. I have it, I just need to beat AC:Brotherhood and Revelations first.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD YOU SUFFER THROUGH THOSE TURDS WHEN YOU CAN PLAY BAYONETTA GAH

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Oh my god, go fuck yourself, Logan!

I'll get to it when I fucking get to it!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

also, I have never and will likely never play bayonetta.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm just sayin.

If you loved Jim Beam that'd be fine, but if I brought you a 200 dollar cask of Whisky, I'd expect you'd go for the GOOD STUFF before goin back to that same ol swill.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
so wait...whats revengeance? is that the name of the main game? i thought it was just metal gear rising.

any answer?

also i played the bayonetta demo and opted against it. just wasnt for me.

edit: nevermind. wikipedia answered me.

also...that trailer completely turned me off of the game. i dont know if i want it now

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
MEH. MGS4 was actiony as shit. They took Solid out of the title, so this isn't gonna affect the main series.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I'm just sayin.

If you loved Jim Beam that'd be fine, but if I brought you a 200 dollar cask of Whisky, I'd expect you'd go for the GOOD STUFF before goin back to that same ol swill.

I feel bad for your future wife you PUSHY SON OF A BITCH!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Extended trailer!
[video=youtube;1qL_IFyyqX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qL_IFyyqX0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

And Oobs, they just trollin'.