Maruchan Ramen Noodles

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
Maruchan upon first glance seems to be the "name brand" of Ramen in your regular store or market. However when we examine the typical prices of this particular brand and the leading competitors it seems that Maruchan is the cheaper off brand.

While pricing will lead us to believe it's quality is lacking the opposite seems to be the case. Maruchan brand uses a delicious quality noodle in all of its ramen and the flavor packets have a special "zing" to them that many other brands do not. As a matter of fact the more popular flavors for brands such as Top Ramen taste more like they have been stored in a cardboard box for just a little too long, while Maruchan remains fresh and powerful even after months of shelf life.

When cooked the noodles acquire a wonderful texture.. firm yet just soft enough. When cooked on high heat for about three and a half minutes with slightly less than recommended water they'll take on an almost opaque hue, which is ramen at its best. Other brands use a thicker noodle which, while typically more filling, fails to absorb the flavor even when it is cooked in the broth made with the accompanying packet. They also tend to cook to a more firm texture and which typically makes them less appealing to a picky palate.

Maruchan's base flavors are also very easy to add your own spice to. Taking just the base chicken flavor and adding some crushed red pepper and a dash of cayenne gives you the "Picante Chicken" flavor without having actually purchase it. You can also add some garlic powder and onion salt with a dash of black pepper to make a delicately flavored Peppered Garlic Chicken ramen. Feeling a little zest? Slice up your own vegetables such as carrots and toss them in the pot while fixing your ramen for a nice filling soup. Or maybe you want something a bit more eccentric.. Bring back the crushed red pepper and cayenne but also mix in some chili powder (with your base flavor packet of beef or chicken) for a tasty chili ramen you won't soon forget.

All in all, Maruchan's noodles are quite absorbent and work well with added ingredients. Their base flavor packets are far better than most, if not all other brands in the typical store.. and the price can't be beaten by most other brands. It's a flexible and affordable brand with bigger taste that is better on a budget. They also have other products such as the Ramen cups and microwaveable Yakisoba.

Final word : Maruchan is a 10/10 Ramen and Brand.

Last edited:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
f2c61f70-934b-452e-8055-988809440e0d.jpg

Cantz

Radical Dreamer
Apr 3, 2011
Remember that time I was marginally depressed by a spoiler image that turned out to be Ramen but not in the pleasant way? Yeah.. me too..

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
YEAH

IT'S A REAL SHAME WE CAN'T READ THAT PINK TEXT MORE OFTEN

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
STEP RIGHT UP FOLKS AND SEE THE GIANT MAN EATING CHICKEN!

+1 internet who can tell me where that random quote came from

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Man I love that gif.

I also want to have Heath Ledgers babies.

Or did, before he went QUACK~