Lost Odyssey

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
My mom bought it for me today. I'm only 4 hours in but it's real good, definitely on par with most Final Fantasies, though it's by Sakaguchi so what do you expect.

It's about some dude who's immortal, which is pretty sweet. He has amnesia, which yes is very cliched for RPGs, but it's exectuted in a very compelling manner. You get these little short story dream thingies where he remembers bits of his past, and they're really good. Very sad plot so far.

Gameplay wise it's not breaking any new ground or anything, but it's more like classic FF gameplay polished to a mirror sheen. Excellent graphics and music too.

Great game so far!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I got on disc 3 and kinda quit!

I really liked it though. C:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man I really like the short story dreams. "Letters from a weakling" was really good in particular.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Not that I was like "UGH forget this game I quit!"
Just kinda "I have other things to do and I'll wait to finish this game. C:"

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
All the complaints I've seen about this game basically add up to

20060905.jpg

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Got up to disc 3!

Yo the soundtrack to this game effin owns

SNORLAX IS HOLDING ALL THE POKEMON HE'S MORE RIPPED THAN YOU ARE

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man the graphics in this game are breathtaking at times, especially the scenery.

Jansen is also probably the best RPG character ever.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Maybe you should stop buyin shit games and get internet to your xbox queer.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So I stopped playing this on disc 3, pretty much got bored and gave up

A shame, cause it started off so good. Like, most of the first disc was some of the finest RPG'ing I've ever played, basically up until they introduced the 2 children characters in there. Which leads me to my next gripe - why, in ALL video games that I've ever played, are ALL kids voices incredibly high-pitched, hyper, bubbly, and hammy? Kids don't talk like that.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Rofl. Cooke's voice actress was terrible omfgggg.

Yeah. I got to the sewer part or whatever on Disc 3 and stopped. But, I recently bought it so it's not GameFly'd anymore. So. I guess I'll get around to beating it some time for those achievement points.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah I'm at the sewer part too :O I might go back and beat it one of these days. I mean I've played games with much worse voice acting. Most of the characters are actually pretty good.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Yeah. It wasn't the voice actors that kept me from finishing it. It just got slow, and I just decided to move on. Plus, Infinite Undiscovery and Tales of Vesperia are coming out soon. So, you know. It'll be a while before I get to LO. Lulz.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Man Infinite Undiscovery is a dumb name. I'm sure it'll be a fine game but...they couldn't have come up with a better name for it? It doesn't even make any sense.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
We're sorry this video is no longer available.

What the shit.