Just started Heavy Rain

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have both and I would have to say I use that PS3 very rarely for games. I use it as a media center more than for games.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Bayli and Travis only people I know who have a PS3 of their own lulz.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I wouldn't say I regret buying a PS3, but I definitely could have lived without one. Any game that comes out on both consoles, I buy on the 360.

Edit:
Wasn't really worth the 400 I dropped, but I wasn't going to buy one without backwards compatibility.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I know. Only thing u've ever used that thing for in any substantial way is playing FF7 and 9!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Naw dude I played MGS2, 3 and 4!

AND I like sharing PSN accounts to get free games!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Bottom line: Neither has exclusives the other one should really be envious of.

Killzone = Halo
inFamous = Poor man's Crackdown without the funnies
Gears of War = Uncharted minus the story
God of War = shit, why aren't you playing a good action game?

If you don't have a PC, there are games that are on the Xbox but not PS3 like Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead, but if you have a gaming PC, why would you bother with a console in the first place!? their libraries are practically even with no game standing out as a reason to buy either console.

PS3 = Xbox with bad online
Xbox = PS3 without bluray

1270439678810.jpg

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
And that's exactly why I'm not going to buy one. I just assume borrow one and playing a couple games that I enjoy than spend that much money on something that I will only use for a couple games. It's just not a system that I'd get into as much as I do the 360.

Mysta

Captain Awesome
Aug 10, 2009
Bottom line: Neither has exclusives the other one should really be envious of.

Killzone = Halo
inFamous = Poor man's Crackdown without the funnies
Gears of War = Uncharted minus the story
God of War = shit, why aren't you playing a good action game?

If you don't have a PC, there are games that are on the Xbox but not PS3 like Mass Effect and Left 4 Dead, but if you have a gaming PC, why would you bother with a console in the first place!? their libraries are practically even with no game standing out as a reason to buy either console.

PS3 = Xbox with bad online
Xbox = PS3 without bluray

1270439678810.jpg

Eh, by that logic you might as well quit FPS after GoldenEye and FF1 'n' DUN with RPGs.(Or something)

and a side note, if the gameplay is fun then all there is left is storyline, which is part of the reason why I play games like Gears of War, Killzone, Uncharted, etc.

Like I said I like the option. I can play any game without limitations, and I have. I have several hundred hours on PS3 even though none are also playable on 360. It does kinda put me in a position where I can't play everything that I'd like to. But it's better than the alternative imo.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have trouble getting any motivation to boot up that PS3 and play any of it's games. Like God of War 3, my girlfriend got it for me for my birthday and I've played it like twice since. I just don't have any motivation playing it on PS3. Maybe that's because I feel like I'm not connected to my friends, but I'm not sure because I don't have as much problem playing most Wii games. I don't know, the 360 and it's live service has really driven me to not liking how the PS3 works.

That being said, I do enjoy my PS3 sometimes, I just wish there was a way to integrate Live into the PSN. It'd be neat to be able to see my friends on xbox playing their games, or visa versa, being able to talk to them while I play, etc.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm pretty sure Bayli wanted me to get a PS3. I blame her!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I pretty sure u wanted to get one to adhoc dissidia all day errday

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I didn't make you do nothin'! I said to play LBP with me, I didn't force you! A big problem with the PS3 is that no one has one, and no one WANTS one. I'm just lucky I had some spare money to get one. I don't regret it, because there aren't any exclusive worries. But at the same time, MGS4 and 3D Dot Game Heroes are the only two exclusives that I've been really, really interested in!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Besides, I don't think Sony really has command of any AAA franchises. God of War maybe, but any of their other stuff doesn't really deserve that much respect. Final Fantasy was their big one, but lol its gone bye bye. Then there was MGS, but it's gone too. Then there was that Ratchet and Clank and Resistance!

Oh wait...

laughing.png