Is my Gamercard being Hacked?

Riggidig

Deku Sprout
Jun 3, 2011
Good day

When I logged on this morning I noticed that both my gamperpicture as well as my list of games on my gamercard had been changed without me doing so (they were still fine yesterday). I changed my password, and it seemed to revert back to its original setting, but after a while I see the images have changed AGAIN without me doing anything on my side. It's basically only the PSN side that's being affected, and I haven't logged into PSN since the weekend.

Please advise

R

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I've noticed this with a few other gamercards, something to do with a glitch on the PSN servers of where we get the information from. Usually it fixes itself after a few hours though.

I'm seeing a chinese symbol as your PSN gamerpicture, and MvC2/some game/batman as your psn games, is this the correct information?

Riggidig

Deku Sprout
Jun 3, 2011
I've noticed this with a few other gamercards, something to do with a glitch on the PSN servers of where we get the information from. Usually it fixes itself after a few hours though.

I'm seeing a chinese symbol as your PSN gamerpicture, and MvC2/some game/batman as your psn games, is this the correct information?

Nope. At least not the avatar. Currently my sig shows my correct gamercard: Devil May Cry 4 (avatar). The games SHOULD be Marvel vs CapCom 2, X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Batman Arkham Asylum. Up until a while back it was showing a random ninja avatar and games like Call of Duty, Wipehout HD and something else. I've gone to other websites and generated PS3 gamercards and they all show the correct avatar/games.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yeah the avatar has been changed now.

It might be a bug in the script to use the last user's info if for whatever reason the script times out trying to receive the correct images. I cannot say that is true at all, but it just a guess I have right now and I will have to look at the script in more detail to see if that has any merit.

Riggidig

Deku Sprout
Jun 3, 2011
Yeah the avatar has been changed now.

It might be a bug in the script to use the last user's info if for whatever reason the script times out trying to receive the correct images. I cannot say that is true at all, but it just a guess I have right now and I will have to look at the script in more detail to see if that has any merit.

Thank you. By the way, why isn't my gamercard showing in my sig? Does it take some time to register online or is it because I only have 3 posts on the forum?

EDIT: Nevermind, there we go :)