hrmmm

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
i know this is a rather over discussed topic, but maybe we should reconsider increasing our active member numbers.. i think we could easily take advantage of the new generation to expand our numbers.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
We have less than 13 members that post I think, about 9 come on each day. I'm going to try to refer this one person I've known for two years, see if he might join. I have some friends that know about this place but I don't think they would want to join.

D

Don Francisco

Especially since Travis is going to buy one. (well, actually, he might... i don't know)

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
Yes. Yes you are, and you're buying me one as well.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i'm getting mine on launch day. I'll have it paid off on three more weeks, maybe two weeks if I get some good hours.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
sucks to be you. i don't even know if i'm getting a ps2.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Well with a PS3 I can play all the new FF games, but not the Zelda games unless I get a revolutions. My other friend can get a revolutions and I'll borrow it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
If all the new systems are $700 like the xbox360 then im not getting either.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
That's a big rip-off, seeing how the ps2 and gcn sells for 80 bucks on ebay while psp's cost 180. If they cost $700, lots of people won't be getting them and the price should lower...

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
and I certainly won't pay that much for a damned boomerang controller.

D

Don Francisco

"If they cost $700, lots of people won't be getting them and the price should lower..."
They don't just set a price and release it to the market. They do research and stuff into how many people are willing to pay how much, and apparently they decided that the price they picked (which is $400, not $700 - it's only $700 if you buy it online from EB) is the most profitable one for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

egonboy

I'm gonna get a ps3 no matter what the cost the higher it is though the longer it will take for me to save up and buy it. Unless I can talk the Sudden Valley paper into buying halfway for me so I continue to write gaming articles for them.

aaron

Oct 8, 2006
I don't even plan on buying one right away. I'm probably going to wait until at least halo 3 is released before any money gets put down. A few months probably wont make much of a difference but whatever. None of the release games really truely intrest me anyways.

E

egonboy

Halo 3 comes out for the xbox 360 on the day of the ps3 release. thats one underhanded trick.