gears of war 3

Krizzs93

Deku Scrub
Jan 17, 2009
The game has not been officially announced by Epic yet, but EGM writing that they have been told that there will be a cooperative mode for five players, enhanced graphics engine, and a launch in 2010.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Maybe a launch title for the next Xbox? Following the standard 5-year console model, maybe. But I have a feeling this recession business is going to force Sony and Microsoft to extend the lifetimes of the 360 and PS3. Sony especially, they're hurting bad. They don't need to sink further billions into developing a new machine.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
pretty sure cliff said it was gonna be a trilogy on the 360

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
They should make the roadie run so it knocks somebody over if you slam into them. I think that getting hit by somebody the size of Marcus Fenix going that fast would knock your dumbass over.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I've read on several sites that the new gen Xbox won't be until AT LEAST 2012, probably longer.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I wouldn't take that for anything more than speculation unless it's actually been said by somebody reliable within MS.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Guess i'll roll up to gamestop and preorder this tuesday when I pick up DAII!

LordDVS

Game Connoisseur
Mar 3, 2011
Yeah, I need to go by GS and see what's the deal with the beta. I figured since I have Bulletstorm, I can just play off of that. But they texted me saying I can come in to get my beta code. Wonder if I need both, or I have 2 accesses to the Beta. If the later, I'll hook someone up then.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
im not a beta kind of guy. if its not the real thing im not interested. but im anticipating this game more than any other this year. i reserved it back in august.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
This game is :great:

I've always been a pretty modest Gears fan but I only preordered the game so I could play the beta. Now I'm pretty damned sure I'll fork over the other $55. It's really, really fun. It's much faster paced than GOW2. It's fast like UT but tactical like GOW.

And the Retro Lancer charge may be my favorite thing in any game EVER

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I havent tried the retro lancer yet but im going to when i hop back on it

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The retro Lancer is probably my favorite rifle in the game so far. It's super powerful but it's not very accurate. But at close ranges it's a monster.

The 6 foot long bayonet also really helps.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's the prototypical Xbox 360 game. Seems fun enough, yet ruined by a lame player base.