Game: Mass Effect 2

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Honestly, this will probably go down as a top-five game for me. Incredible. Everything that I didn't like about Mass Effect (which wasn't much to begin with), they improved- plus a lot more. The re-play value of this game is insane, because there are so many ways to finish things off. Usually I take a break when I beat a game. Not so much with this one. I'll probably be right back on it as soon as I beat it tonight. Mass Effect was an amazing game, but this one is so much better. I'm probably about less than 30 minutes away from beating it, but everyone already knows there will be a third one. This will definitely be my favorite series of games, edging out Gears. The plot is great, with everything you do having affect the plot. The plot just flows smoothly with the game, and everything comes together perfectly. A lot of shocking moments, but nothing that makes you go, "LAME." I'm roughly 21 hours in, and it's been about as enjoyable as any game I've ever played. I'll definitely be on this game a while. Easiest score I've ever given. 10/10

Edit: And Logan brings up another good point in the other thread. The game looks fantastic, and the cutscenes are better than most movies.

Bioware, you are amazing.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Totally agree. I just beat the game and it was incredible. It was a pretty big cliffhanger ending, but its a trilogy, so what did you expect? Also, it's not in that Halo 2 fashion. As in, oh we'll make another game for the money, I'm sure the plot will work itself out. This shit is all about the story and it just makes me want ME3 all the more.

The key is the characters. the ending forces you to make all these tough choices and you want to see everyone survive. It's simply fantastic. The game goes out of its way to develop these characters and force you to "care" about them in a weird sense. They also talked about their desire to make it "the players story" and they really succeeded. It really feels like you're watching your characters story unfold.

I think I even like it better than KOTOR, but I dunno that's steep.

Easy 10/10 though.

Last edited:

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, KOTOR is definitely up there, too. It probably edges out KOTOR by a small margin. Honestly, everything you do affects the ending. Trust, how well you know someone, who you pick to fight, etc. I dunno how many endings the game has, but it's a lot. It's not like Halo at all, because you know exactly what is about to happen, and it makes you want ME 3 that much more. Jack and the Morin died on my first playthrough, but I saved it towards the end, so I'll try to see if I can save everyone at the end. If not, then I'll just have 100 paragon, start a new game with the continued Shepard, and blow through it. Honestly, ME 3 is probably my most-anticipiated game ever now, edging out Halo 2 and RE 5.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So i'm playing through again on insanity and i'd just like to say that it's hard as shit.

Harder than Bayonetta.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
legion and his upgraded sniper rifle destroys everyone.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
yep! without a doubt the most badass squad member

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
1266814715751.jpg

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
I don't under stand how whacking yourself in the knee will make you collapse.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It looks like to me he has all his weight on the pool cue when he stabs it. How can he have no balance at all to try and catch himself? I think Tarvis was right when he said that that mother fucker just had a SEIZURE.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
petition to redo that smiley to give it the reverence that a leader of the greatest country ever deserves

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
still no president donald smiley and i still sittin here alone while the woman sleeps thinking about replaying ME1-3