FINAL FANTASY VIII HELP

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Oh my gosh! I'm. Stuck out in space and I can not kill these mother fuvking propagators on this mother fucking space ship! They get two turns in a fucking row and they kill me with two fucking hits! What the fuck am I doing wrong? Someone please help me before I start punching babies!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Solution: play a worthwhile game

[video=youtube;ZWS00KOg1AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWS00KOg1AQ[/video]

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Final Fantasy is overrated.

NOW HERE'S A GODDAMN GAME

modern-warfare-grenade-spam.jpg

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Don't forget it's smashing follow-up!

blops.jpg

and i can't get past the fact that you, someone who claims that deus ex and half life2 are great games, are calling another series overrated.

:hahaha:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I'M LOGAN GODDAMNIT AND YOUR OPINION IS WRONG IF IT DOESN'T MATCH PERFECTLY WITH MINE.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
To claim that Deus Ex and Half Life 2 aren't amongst the most overrated games of all time is simply WRONG.

:dwi:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Many would disagree with you.

Deus Ex's Awards said:
BAFTA "PC Game of the Year" (2000)
Gamasutra "Top 12 Games of the Decade"
#2 (2009)
GameSpy "Game of the Year" (2000)
"Hall of Fame" (2003)
IGN "Top 25 Modern PC Games"
#4 (2010)
PC Gamer "Game of the Year" (2000)
"Top 100 PC Games of All Time"
#1 (2010)
#2 (2008)
#2 (2007)
PC Zone "101 Best PC Games Ever"
#1 (2007)

Half-Life 2's Awards said:
Half-Life 2 earned 39 Game of the Year awards,including Overall Game of the Year at IGN, GameSpot’s Award for Best Shooter, GameSpot’s Reader’s Choice — PC Game of the Year Award, Game of the Year from The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences, and "Best Game" with the Game Developers Choice Awards, where it was also given various awards for technology, characters, and writing. Edge magazine awarded Half Life 2 with its top honor of the year with the award for Best Game, as well as awards for Innovation and Visual Design. The game also had a strong showing at the 2004 British Academy Video Games Awards, picking up six awards, more than any other game that night, with awards including "Best Game" and "Best Online and Multiplayer."

Guinness World Records awarded Half-Life 2 the world record for "Highest Rated Shooter by PC Gamer Magazine" in the Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition 2008. Other records awarded the game in the book include, "Largest Digital Distribution Channel" for Valve's Steam service, "First Game to Feature a Gravity Gun", and "First PC Game to Feature Developer Commentary". In 2009, Game Informer put Half-Life 2 5th on their list of "The Top 200 Games of All Time", saying that "With Half-Life 2, Valve redefined the way first-person shooters were created".

Half-Life 2 was selected by readers of The Guardian as the best game of the decade, with praise given especially to the environment design throughout the game. According to the newspaper, it "pushed the envelope for the genre, and set a new high watermark for FPS narrative". One author commented: "Half Life 2 always felt like the European arthouse answer to the Hollywood bluster of Halo and Call of Duty".

Half-Life 2 won Crispy Gamer's 'Game of the Decade' tournament style poll. It also won Reviews on the Run's and IGN's best game of the decade.

In 2010, PC Gamer named in a poll by its readers, that Half-Life 2 was considered the best game of all time.

In the same year, GameInformer named Half-Life 2's Alyx Vance as one of the 30 Characters that Defined a Decade.

YOU-LOST-THE-ARGUMENT-FUCKIN-DEAL-WITH-IT.jpg

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
o·ver·rate (vr-rt)
tr.v. o·ver·rat·ed, o·ver·rat·ing, o·ver·rates
To overestimate the merits of; rate too highly.

That's the definition of overrated ya jabroni. Did the hair follicles recede so quickly that they took out the vocabulary portion of your brain!?

:hahaha:

Too much praise for two middle of the road games. Deus Ex was good for it's time, aged terribly, but was still at least OK. Half Life 2 is pure, unmitigated garbage, nothing more than a slight preview to future physics engines that got a bunch of PC dorks excited. Truly a 4/10 game TOPS.

SO WHETHER YOU LIKE IT, OR DON'T LIKE IT, LEARN TO LOVE IT! THAT MEANS YOU FAT BOAY!

WOO.gif

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Once again, all based on your woefully shitty opinion. You've tried to discredit DX as a game no one cared about (The above evidence points to the contrary) Now that it's getting attention "Oh, well its uh...overrated."

[video=youtube;-aJROW6cuEM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aJROW6cuEM&feature=related[/video]

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
You've tried to discredit DX as a game no one cared about (The above evidence points to the contrary) Now that it's getting attention "Oh, well its uh...overrated."

I'mma conk your ass on the head, throw you in a duffle bag and sell your ass to the circus (by the pound hopefully). People would definitely pay a dollar to see someone talk out of their ass as proficiently as you.

I'm sure you could assemble a small and vocal group of people in favor of bestiality, but that doesn't make it relevant. Just because you and 17,000 other crusty stinkers love Deus Ex doesn't give it any legitimacy. I love Dolph Lundgren movies, but he will never command the fame that someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger does.

Is Dolph my favorite? Sure, but does he deserve to be talked about in the pantheon of the greatest actors of all time? Nah.

:dwi:

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Humpty Bumpty said:
Is Dolph my favorite? Sure, but does he deserve to be talked about in the pantheon of the greatest actors of all time? Nah.

So you legitimize bashing my opinion by discrediting your own? This is some circular logic I've never seen before. Greatest has no factual meaning. There is no "Greatest" anything, because 1000 people will give you 1000 different answers as to what the "greatest" game, actor, or anything is. I could care less if you couldn't find ONE other person besides me that likes DX, because someone else's opinion doesn't factor into my decision to like anything at all.
Deal-with-it-Shepard.jpg

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
*sigh*

Where's Travis when I actually want to talk to him...

:sadfrog:

I'm never gonna beat the game at this rate.

I think I'll go eat my feelings...

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
Thank you Bayli!

DAMN IT TRAVIS!

I thought if anyone could help me, YOU COULD!

You're not being very nice.

Come here and beat this damn space ship for meeeeeeeeeee!

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
I compare Half Life 2 with something like Inception. The technological advances in each were groundbreaking and received alot of critical acclaim, and for a ton of the people who played HL2 or watched Inception, they were great. The problem comes when you actually break them down and realize that the HL2's story was meh and the game was just not that memorable, or realize that Inception's script was pretty poorly written and the movie was just not that memorable. They were fun for their time, but other than seeing all the flash that comes along with them, there's really no reason to revisit either.