Final Fantasy VII Remake Thread

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Final Fantasy XIII producer Yoshinori Kitase has told VideoGamer.com that there's a chance Square Enix will have some news on a Final Fantasy VII remake at a later time.

Speaking at gamescom last week, Kitase said: "As for a VII remake, all I can advise right now is to play the PSN release that just came out for the time being. Maybe, perhaps we'll have some news for you at a later time."

That's certainly promising. And what will Kitase be up to once work on Final Fantasy XIII is complete?

"I'm actually working on multiple projects right now," said Kitase. "I don't know exactly what new projects I'll be taking on after XIII, but I am working on Agito XIII as well, so maybe I'll be able to focus a little bit more on that project once XIII is complete."

Final Fantasy XIII is scheduled for release later this year in Japan and will arrive elsewhere in 2010.

OH BOY.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
"Although, Square Enix recently released Final Fantasy XIII for the Playstation 3 in Japan, Tetsuya Nomura, the character designer for the game, is already teasing another blockbuster title from his company.

Speaking to Gamega, he hinted that Square Enix will be announcing a highly-requested game (from both the fans and media) sometime in 2010. He stated to the Japanese gaming magazine that the initial reveal will cause a huge reaction.

It seems like Tetsuya Nomura may be hinting at either a sequel or a remake. Square Enix is known for their popular role-playing games like Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts among many other titles"

HE JUST-A-TEASIN

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I WANT REMAKE

but at the same time don't want them to ruin.

SOOO

sort_of_want.jpg

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
They sure made him more mopey after FF7

Drow Oblivion

Deku Scrub
Jul 3, 2011
Looks like it's official now!!

http://nerdtrek.com/final-fantasy-7-remake/

Final-Fantasy-7-Remake-NERDTREKwebsite.png

Fans have been pleading for a remake of Final Fantasy VII for years now. Finally, last year Yoichi Wada, the president of Square Enix, came out and made the remake plans official. Final Fantasy VII: Jenova’s Rebirth is slated for a 4th quarter 2012 release.

Yoichi Wada, the president and chief executive of Square Enix, said that the company has “heard its fans’ pleadings to remake FFVII”, which was released over 14 years ago for the PS1.

Drow Oblivion

Deku Scrub
Jul 3, 2011
I don't know, I had seen this so I thought I would add it here. If it's fake, I apologise I am really hoping it's not and you guys can delete it.

Casey

I'M A GAY SON!
Nov 10, 2003
OH MY FUCKING GOD!

THAT BETTER BE REAL CAUSE I HAVE BEEN YEARNING FOR THIS REMAKE FOR FUCKING YEARS!

SO FUCKING LONG THAT I CAN'T STOP FUCKING SCREAMING!!!!

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
if its a fake its the best damn fake ive seen since that dragonball z poster.

if its real though:

[video=youtube;P3ALwKeSEYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/video]

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
I remember an interview last year where he said there were no plans. But developers lie all the time. Here are some quotes from interviews with siliconera:

March 22, 2010
“Right now we don’t have a clear direction, but many fans have requested we remake Final Fantasy VII,” said Yoichi Wada, President and CEO of Square Enix, said to Siliconera during an interview at the Final Fantasy XIII launch party. “We’re going to explore the possibility – whether or not we’re going to do it, if we’re going to do it, and the platform.”

May 31, 2010
“We received this question from many countries [laughs]. It took 3-4 years to make Final Fantasy XIII with this quality level, making Final Fantasy VII like Final Fantasy XIII would take 10 times the time therefore it is a difficult project to start immediately. However, we always keep the many requests in mind,” said Kitase, at a launch event in South Korea, according to Gameshot.

Lets not forget it all came up to begin with because Square was dumb enough to mock up an HD tech demo of FFVII to show off some PS3 power when it first came out. If its real, then great! Now people won't have anything else to wish for.....Me? I'm just waiting for an HD remake of FFIX. Best FF of the PS1 era in my opinion. But I'm not holding my breath.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'd play a remake of any FF from the PS1 days if and only if they did the following:

FF7 - Just update everything, don't touch anything, the game was fine. New music, new graphics, new cutscenes, but only aesthetic improvements, no real changes.
FF8 - Take out all the bad parts. (Just kidding, there'd be nothing left. This game is Doo Doo.)
FF9 - Make the battle system faster. FF9 is good, but it's slow as shit.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
No other major websites are reporting it. I imagine this would be big news if real.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Pretty sure those images are fake because the characters are just CGI from advent children/crisis core.

Also there would be no way they would have game cases already.

I would kill everyone for this though.

Drow Oblivion

Deku Scrub
Jul 3, 2011
I understand what everyone has said but I look at this way. FFXIII was in my opinion a disappointment. FFXIV is so much of a colossol failure that they can't fix it. The people who bought it are not being charged because the game is that broken. Now is the perfect time for FFXII to be remade. When you have to massive failures and nothing to fall back on that's when you bring out the big guns.

If this is true, I believe we will hear about it at the Tokyo Game Show later this year.

Bottom Line is Square-Enix is in the hole for millions of dollars on FFXIV and they need a way to recoup some of those losses. This would be the way to do it.