Fallout 4

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I generally don't get into Bethesda games too much, but thought maybe I'd give this Fallout 4 a try. Holy hell them system requirements though - and with those pretty bad graphics too.

Oh well, bad graphics or not, game can still be great. Who else is hype? Or hate?

Last edited:

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
If I had something to play it on I might be excited for it, but for now... Yoshi's Wooly World is next on my buy list.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I downloaded and played this for a few hours today. It seems to run surprisingly well on my old system. I haven't been in any intense scenes yet but overall I'm very pleased.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Yeah, from the system requirements I was expecting some issues due to unoptimization, but the game so far has run nearly flawless for me. It did crash on me last night, but that's the first time it's done that. I haven't gotten very far in the game, just into Diamond City, but I've liked it more than previous installments.

Diamond City radio is pretty good too.

Megane-chan

Deku Sprout
May 25, 2016
Fallout 4 is a huge game. It takes a lot of time just to get into the game and go somewhere with the story...and the easter eggs...Side-stories everywhere! So many ways to customise your character...So many partner-characters to interract with...

I'll call it Bethesda's masterpiece and leave it at that.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I've played a few of the Bethesda games, but Fallout 4 was probably the first Bethesda game I've actually beaten. I thought Fallout 4 was pretty good, a little bit disappointing at the end with the lack of choices really mattering. Unfortunately I haven't really felt the urge to play it again after beating it, but I believe it is getting a new expansion soon so that might change that.

acheno84

Deku Sprout
May 25, 2016
I really want to get the game, but I don't have the right system and I'm not in any position to upgrade or purchase an XBox One at this time. I LOVE the Fallout games though and have put in so many hours, I'm almost ashamed to admit how many. I have heard and seen nothing but amazing things about the game and hope that one day I can add it to my collection. :)

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I liked Fallout 4 a lot, I played maybe 20-30 hours and only scratched the surface. But I got bored and haven't gone back in a while, and probably never will. I think I'm just too burnt out on Bethesda's favlour of open world games right now. As great as FO4 is, the improvements from FO3 are pretty minimal and I played that game to death, as well as Skyrim. I'm really hoping at Bethesda's E3 event this year they either tease ES6 or show off a new IP, and have it running on a new or vastly improved engine.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I remember thinking Skyrim would be the first elder scrolls I would finish and would be epic. Then I killed a dragon in a hit or two and that kind of ruined it for me.

Dragon Age Inquisition had amazing dragon fights though. Shame they were only one time battles.