E3 2017

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Microsoft: Sunday, June 11 at 5 PM EST
Sony: Monday, June 12 at 9 PM EST
Nintendo: Tuesday, June 13th at 12 PM EST

Interesting that Microsoft's conference is on Sunday, I think this is the first time they haven't started the conferences on Monday morning? Hopefully a date for Crackdown 3.

I hope to hear/see more about FF7 remake from Sony's conference, but otherwise nothing real interested in here for me. PS4 is collecting dust for me currently.

Nintendo's conference is only going to be 30 minutes apparently, which makes me nervous. If half the show or more is focused on the 3DS, then bleh. I really hope to see an Animal Crossing announced, but I think the team that does Animal Crossing also does Splatoon so that is probably unlikely. Maybe Smash or Metroid?

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Judging from Nintendo's last few E3s, 30 minutes is fine to show off some new games. With the Treehouse streams running for hours and hours, they onyly need to use their "spotlight" to show off trailers for new games, with all the extra details and gameplay being laid out during Treehouse.

I'll be keeping up with all the E3 news with my boys from EasyAllies.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Biggest things from EA's conference for me are that prison escape game and all future battlefront dlc is free.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
xbox showed a lot of games at least. nothin really interested me too too much, except anthem, but who knows how representative of the final product that was

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
bethesda e3 = "YOU CAN PLAY SKYRIM ON THE SWITCH!! Well....not the special edition it can't do that"

me =

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
uh, the bethesda e3 was the worst presentation ive ever seen in my 10+ years of following E3s very very closely. Frankly I'm embarrassed that I sat through it.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think it has everything that the Special Edition has except the mod support. Even still, its a 6 year old game, probably 95% of people who want to play it probably already have it. bleh.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Microsoft trying to get back into the good graces of gamers in the market. They created the most powerful console to play GAMES. Not to be a media hub. They released the most powerful console this E3 and then showed off 40 something titles. I'm not a PC gamer, but those that are would be hard pressed to build a machine that plays games at the XBX level under 500. That being said there are a ton more benefits for going PC. Obviously an open platform, and everything else a PC does besides gaming are advantages, but if all I cared about was gaming and just was making a gaming machine with 500. Without buying used parts I'd have difficulty matching.

Microsoft could have done more for triple A title exclusivity, but at this point Xbox doesn't have a ton of confidence with devs teams, and they're also a smaller share of the market. I can't really fault them on that. The best they're going to do with any third party Dev team is to get timed exclusives on big triple A titles, and go after the Indie market. Which it seems like they did.

For me, I think this is Microsoft moving forward with what they believe their next move into the forward console generations. They haven't exactly made it a secret that they no longer want to recreate a new system every console generation. They want to go with an upgrade similar to how PC gaming works. The fact that engineering teams have to work their ass off to emulate games on the XboxOne from the original Xbox is crazy when you consider a PC gamer can throw in WarCraft 3 or StarCraft 2 at any time on their PC and play them without issues. The fact that dev teams have to rework how they develop games with every console generation is stupid. By the time devs really learn how to use the hardware, and more importantly coding, of these consoles they're throwing what they know in the trash because a new one is about to come out. I'm all for the death of the console generations and just intermediate console upgrades.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
uhhh are you kiddin? $800 for a game?!

edit: Let alone a freakin ubisoft game?!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
buU5K

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Main pokemon rpg coming to switch, metroid 4, rocket league, mario oddysey looks great. Good stuff

Edit: Also no mention of anything related to 3DS. Sounds like the 3DS is being phased out.

Last edited:

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Nintendo playing 4D Chess in space. Everyone else is playing checkers in a Wal-Mart bathroom.