Destiny

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
So now that I have internet capable of playing online games, and will be getting a PS Plus subscription at some point, is anyone interested in Bungie's upcoming game Destiny? Seems like a cross between Halo and Borderlands.

I want to pick it up, but don't really want to play with randoms. It comes out September 9th, at least here in England.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm not sure how I feel about Destiny. It looks so similar to Halo from a studio who said it was tired of making Halo.

I'll probably wait to see the reviews before deciding.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I don't really do shooters or MMOs, so it's gonna be a no from me.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Alpha on Xbox One was pretty awful. Beta was a massive improvement and actually a lot of fun. I've never been big on MMOS myself, but the Beta hooked me into getting it.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Ok so pretty glad I didn't pick this one up

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I actually bought it and do enjoy it. I don't get a whole lot of time to play it though.

The game is pretty big and I enjoy the story missions, but the regular quests are kinda stale with most of them being the same sort of thing (go here, press SQUARE to make robot do something, fight enemies). I think deaths have no effect whatsoever as you respawn in a few seconds near where you died. Otherwise there are specific parts where if you die, you start back at a checkpoint and sometimes this really really sucks.

The gameplay is pretty fun though, lots of RPG elements added in, and I enjoy the ragdoll effects. It's a pretty fun game, just has some flaws keeping it from being an awesome game. Playing it though, I get more of a Mass Effect vibe than a Halo.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
PVP looks ok. Rest of it looks like a more serious borderlands. I'm hearing its a shallow MMO at best on the RPG side, and a less fun borderlands on the shooter side. They also say most of the content is driven to do with random people, until the "raids" (which arent out yet apparently? GTAO Heists anyone?) which require a full team of people you know. Sounds like a big overhyped mess really.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The game is intensely repetitive. It's fun, but nothing about it is great. The ending is lol and if it weren't for the Crucible, I probably wouldn't care for it. I don't really mind doing the Strikes and Story missions since they are fun, but if they didn't add to my abilities in PvP, I'd be over it. Hopefully the expansion adds a lot more to the story mode.

But the hype leading up to the launch day will prevent people who looked forward to the launch from admitting that it is pretty average.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I haven't played it in about a week, haven't had time really, but all I can say is its fun, but not memorable. Wait for it to be discounted or rent it.