Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Playing BotW vs beating BotW

fZxcrU3

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
DLC #1 detailed: http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/news/expansion-pass-dlc-pack-1-detailed/

Whether you have completed The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild or you are playing it for the first time, the Expansion Pass adds fresh content to your adventure. The first DLC pack of the Expansion Pass will be available this summer. Here's a peek at what will be included.

Trial of the Sword
When you get to a certain sacred location, you can take on the new "Trial of the Sword" challenge. Face an onslaught of enemies, one wave after another. Link starts the challenge without any equipment or weapons. When all the enemies in a room are defeated, Link proceeds to the next. Clear all the trials (about 45 rooms in total), and the true power of the Master Sword awakens.

Hero's Path Mode
This new map feature shows the path Link has walked through Hyrule from the last 200 hours of gameplay. Use the time tracker bar to see where you've spent the most time and where you have yet to explore. There's bound to be more adventures and maybe a shrine or two on the road less traveled.

Hard Mode
In Hard Mode, enemies gradually regain health, so take them out as quickly as possible. All enemies are also powered up by one level. For example, Red Bokoblins in Normal mode are now Blue Bokoblins. Enemies can also have higher maximum levels than they would in Normal mode. Look up, and you may also find enemies and treasure chests in the sky!

Travel Medallion
Somewhere in the world, there is a chest with a Travel Medallion inside. When you use this, you can register your current location as a fast travel point on the map. You can only register one location using the Travel Medallion.

More Armor
There are 8 treasure chests placed around Hyrule containing armor themed after previous The Legend of Zelda titles. Watch for tips as to the whereabouts of these chests as you travel around Hyrule.

Korok Mask
The Korok Mask is also hidden in a treasure chest somewhere in the world. While wearing this mask, it shakes whenever Link is near a hidden Korok location. There are 900 Koroks hiding in Hyrule, so this should help you discover quite a few of them.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
"unlocks true potential of the master sword"

Awesome no breaking! Just kiddin

NUMBA ONE SUPA SEES-TIM! BREAK-URU ARWAYS! U BREAK AND U RIKE IT!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Man this game was so close to topping Ocarina of Time for me, but the lack of real story and the repeated dungeons prevented it from prevailing. But that gameplay is so so good. For now it sits in the #2 spot.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I really hope the next Zelda takes place in this same Hyrule but has traditional dungeons and standard story.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003

I did a livestream of the DLC the other day, playing Master Mode and doing the Final of the Master Sword trials. I didn't really plan on doing it, just set up the stream so Logan could watch me do the master mode but then we had about 20 people at one point watching so I kept going until about 6am lol. Master mode is ridiculous and I've played more since the stream and it's gotten somewhat easier once I've gotten some more hearts and equipment, but it is still ridiculously hard. I have to run away or avoid most fights. The final master sword trials are also ridiculously difficult, if you are interested in watching those, this is the timestamp.

Was so stressed out by the end, I ended up having a huge migraine afterwards lol. Bummer it doesn't appear that the stream saves comments like twitch does as there were some lulzy moments.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Looks very nice in 2K ultrawide.

botw-uw.png

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I've played like an hour of this game since I beat the main quest. The ending really rustled my jim jams.

That is beautiful though.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Just completed the second dlc, quite a bit to do, probably adds 3 to 4 hours to the game and adds some nice backstory to the game and a sort of quasi-ending. Some new music tracks as well which are pretty good.

I liked the DLC, but really it is more of the same as far as gameplay goes. New shrines, new dungeon. Would have liked to see them go for an old style dungeon this time, but oh well.

Haven't really played the game at all since July except to boot it up in an emulator above just to see what it would look like, but jeez when you start playing it again; So so good.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
For all its flaws in voice acting and story line, I love the game so much. That being said, now that I've pillaged and plundered it, I'm pretty much done. Replay value is zilch for me considering how much time and effort go into it.

My body is ready for the next one. I'd love for them to go back to the roots of OoT/Majora's Mask.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I played the demo and I would have to say, it was very bad.