Most enemies and Hyrule field bosses:

Angry-Hulk-Smash-Puny-God-Loki-In-The-Avengers-Gif.gif

Divine Beast Boss Battle:

1e0ykw.jpg

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I have yet to kill a Lynel. I tried to kill one last night, but he kept killing me so hard that the fairies I had wouldn't even revive me. Maybe it was a glitch, but it happened like 5 times in a row lol.

All I want to do is play this game. :(

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I have yet to kill a Lynel. I tried to kill one last night, but he kept killing me so hard that the fairies I had wouldn't even revive me. Maybe it was a glitch, but it happened like 5 times in a row lol.

All I want to do is play this game. :(

Hardest enemy/boss battle I've ever faced in any Zelda game. You best have some serious health items with you. It's worth it though. He drops some good stuff when you finally take him down.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The music in general is so freaking good. It's right there with Wind Waker. I'd say it's better in terms of situational music. Everything fits perfectly.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Breath of the Wild now set the record for most perfect review scores in metacritic history, previously was 42 with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and The Last of Us.

I found this list of cool stuff in the game that people have found.
  • If you drop food in a cold mountain, it turns into icy food that can later be used to lower body temperature in blazing hot areas.
  • If you want frozen meat in a non cold area, hunt with ice arrows.
  • If you remove Link's clothes, he will check his biceps in his idle animation
  • If you attach enough Octo "balloons" to a raft, it starts floating. If you have a Korok leaf, you can blow wind to the sail and propel the raft through the air.
  • Rain can be used for stealth as your usual movement noise is less noticeable.
  • If you try to jump off a cliff while an NPC is nearby, he will try and talk you out of it.
  • If you have a RUSTY weapon, throw it at an Octorock as he inhales, he will spit it out brand new
  • You can actually shoot items off of Hinox's necklace and skip a long hard battle altogether.
  • Feed a horse carrots and he gets extra speed thrusts.
  • If you leave your horse unattended somewhere for too long, it can die.
  • You can use a string of metal weapons to channel electricity and bypass specific electric puzzle key items.
  • If you always wanted to float on a tree trunk, you can
  • If you wake up people in their houses with no shirt, they'll call you a creep!
  • You can sail a raft with a metal weapon and thrusting magnesis against the raft's sail pole
  • There are double rainbows in this game
  • If you cook durring the light of a Bloodmoon you have a higher chance of making High Quality food
  • Reading refills your runes' cooldown and stamina instantly
  • Blowing a Korok leaf near a flame will set it on fire. If on fire, Link will lift it as a torch.
  • Weather affects what NPC's are doing and when certain NPC quests can be triggered
  • Goddess statues assign health and stamina upgrades. There is a hidden devil one that lets you reassign.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The hidden devil one is right outside one of the labs (if I remember correctly). It will steal a heart container from you but you can get it back for rupees. From that point on you can pay 20 rupees to have it reassign health and stamina.

And every time I end up a long distance from one of my horses (I have two), they end up being back at the stable.

Almost have enough hearts for the Master Sword. :woo:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Also you can go back to major test of strength shrines for decent wrapond

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
What do you mean? You can open those chests for the same weapon again after you've already opened the chest in that shrine before?

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Got the Master Sword. 13 heart containers or the Great Deku Tree will watch you die on the spot.

I gotta say, for incredible as this game is, the voice acting, outside of a couple characters, is pretty bad. But that's honestly my only main fault of the game.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So apparently if you freeze a boulder (or probably any object that Link can climb) with your statis ability, hit it a bunch so it will fly away when statis comes off and Link grabs on to the side of it, he can fly with it. Lol

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I'd also like to point out that sand seal boarding is the greatest invention in any video game ever.

Find me something cooler.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I finally killed a Lynel yesterday. Hylian Shield makes it much easier although he still gets lucky with some swings and they go under my shield and hit me.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Collected all 12 pictures for Impa. The flashbacks and whole quest to piece the past together is really, really cool.

The Divine Beasts boss battles aren't too exciting (although Medoh's boss was no push over), but the Divine Beasts as temples themselves are very cool. Love the puzzles this game throws at you.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Outside of the rain annoyance, that is my only gripe with the game. The divine bosses are ok, but felt a little too samey on their last phases when they all try to zap you with that laser that the guardians have. The divine beasts dungeons are fine, but again are pretty similar. Gaining access to those dungeons seem to be the most fun part of them to me. I enjoyed the bird divine dungeon's boss the best I think, but honestly I think fighting Lynels is more fun and challenging.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The method of each Divine Beast is essentially the same, as far as key components and what you need to do to make your way through (controlling movement), but I think each one is unique in terms of what you have to do to maneuver through it. Not too intense, but entertaining. I've downed three of the four Beasts, but Medoh is the only one of the three where I didn't take down the boss in less than a minute or two. The open world bosses, especially Lynel (all types) offer a bigger challenge. Much like past Zelda games, a lot of the fun is just getting to where you need to go.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Beat the game tonight, ending is kind of disappointing.