Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
One of the most exciting parts of a console is the controller you use to play it. We've seen numerous innovations over the years from the simple D-Pad to thumb sticks to accelerometers and touch screens. So let's have a poll on which controllers people prefer. I had to merge a few of the choices together due to limitation on number of options.

For me the best controller I've used is probably the GameCube controller. The priority of button sizes to the amount of use they get is a genius idea. I'm kind of sad they didn't replicate this on the Wii U GamePad. My only nitpick is that the Z button is kind of hard to press for me and it should have had another z button on the left side.

After that, I would probably rank the Dualshock 4 as my next choice, but is ruined by a good bit by it's absolutely awful battery life. Otherwise the Wii U pro controller is close to it as my next choice.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
I've only used a Dualshock 4 a few times but man that is a nice controller. Real nice.

I also loved the GCN, specifically Wavebird, but the c-stick was kinda bad.

Going back to the N64 controller now - what the hell is even up with the three prongs? It's seriously bad.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Love the GCN, I voted for xbox 360 though, its always felt the best.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Only reason I didn't pick xbox 360 in my top 3 was the awful battery situation and the even more awful dpad. Other than that, loved it.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I haven't used the Wii U pro controller yet, so my choice is the 360 controller.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
Update: yep, Dualshock 4 is great. Battery life sucks though.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Really all you can say about it.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Gamecube Wavebird. First Wireless controller and it felt even better to me than a normal Gamecube controller (which was great to begin with). 360 is right up there in terms of how comfortable it is in my hand.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I will confirm that the Xbox One controller is garbage. I loved the 360 controller, but the One's thumbsticks are smaller and taller(?), and it just cramps my hands really fast. The triggers do feel really nice though.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I like the xbox one controller, a little bulky but i love them TRIGGAS. Dualshock 4 is a POS

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I've gotten used to Xbox one Controller. It's ok, still feels a little cramped but the redesign made it a lot better. That first model sucked. The dualshock 4 is ok, I like it better than the previous dualshocks.

I enjoy the Switch Pro Controller the most. Has nice big buttons for my big hands.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I've really enjoyed the 8bitdo SN30 pro+. It's been the perfect retro controller for my emulation machine. They have a Pro 2 now which is just an improved SN30, so I need to try that out, but the SN30 is close in my list of top controllers.

71MXFhNjcrS._SL1500_.jpg