Batman: Arkham City Bonuses

Andrew

Internet Rage Machine
Feb 7, 2007
Another god damn pre-order bonus I want and can't have.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/01/european-store-reveals-animated-series-and-batman-beyond-skins-for-arkham-city/

My head is fucking spinning here. Rocksteady, I'm trying to be a die hard fan of your work, but your not making it easy.

You know what the worst god damn thing is, the only sure bonus I'm going to get is the fucking fat ass skin from the worst Batman graphic novel ever made (Dark Knight Returns)...damn-it.

I'm going to make a thread cataloging all the swag and bonuses for the different Arkham City versions.

(Game Versions)
-Standard Game
*game disc​
-Collector's Edition
*game disc​
*art book​
*Batman statue​
*Ice burg Lounge dlc​
*Soundtrack​
*Dark Knight Returns skin​
*Gotham Knight movie​
-Steel book Edition (Australia)
*Game disc​
*Joker Carnival dlc​
*70s Batman Skin​
*Batman: Under the Red Hood movie​

(Pre-Order Bonuses)
-Gamestop
*Joker Carnival dlc​
*Batman Beyond skin​
-Best Buy
*Robin dlc​
-Amazon
*Arkham City Comics​
-Mighty Ape (European)
*Batman Beyond skin
*Batman Earth One skin
*Batman: Animated Series skin​
-Walmart
*they ain't got shit​

4czmN.png

A picture of all the skins announced so far.

Keep in mind, this list can (and knowing Rocksteady it will fucking have to) change with new or concrete information.

Last edited:

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
How bout a Nolan skin, these are beyond reskins, since they're smoothing/scaling geometry.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
the second one from the left looks like he has had too many whoppers

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The two in the middle look good.

All the others are very meh-ish.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
I hate all this pre-order bullshit that stores puke out. It'd be one thing if it was uniform, but everyone has something DIFFERENT and in some cases there may not even be a way to get the "bonuses" you missed out on. There should be a system that says "there are x number of preorder bonuses available. pick y number of them."

Or maybe the developers should....idk.....JUST GIVE PEOPLE EVERYTHING FROM THE START!!! What a novel idea THAT would be!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Meh, I have no issues with developers doing this as long as its just little extras (such as these extra costumes), as long as you are not missing out on actual content (bonus missions, extra characters, etc).

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
I hate all this pre-order bullshit that stores puke out. It'd be one thing if it was uniform, but everyone has something DIFFERENT and in some cases there may not even be a way to get the "bonuses" you missed out on. There should be a system that says "there are x number of preorder bonuses available. pick y number of them."

Or maybe the developers should....idk.....JUST GIVE PEOPLE EVERYTHING FROM THE START!!! What a novel idea THAT would be!

Just get it for the PC and pirate the other costumes if it's that big of a deal.

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Just get it for the PC and pirate the other costumes if it's that big of a deal.

I probably won't even get Arkham City (or if I do, it will be when it hits 15 - 20). My comment was more of a generalized rant on the state of pre-orders. Like with Deus Ex....I liked the bonus items from the best buy/amazon promo, but Game Stop offered a mission (which offers more story and character advancement).

I just don't like having to choose a vendor based off of the stipulation that they have "better virtual swag."

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
I probably won't even get Arkham City (or if I do, it will be when it hits 15 - 20). My comment was more of a generalized rant on the state of pre-orders. Like with Deus Ex....I liked the bonus items from the best buy/amazon promo, but Game Stop offered a mission (which offers more story and character advancement).

I just don't like having to choose a vendor based off of the stipulation that they have "better virtual swag."

Oh okay, I agree with you on that aspect. I really hope Skyrim isn't some bullshit like that.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Eventually all of these will be on the Xbox Marketplace

Same with the DXHR content I'm sure.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i want to play as robin but fuck best buy

this is corporate america trying to weed out the little guy

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i just gave in and pre-ordered it from best buy. i have to get it somewhere....and really wanted to play as robin

theerainman

Deku Scrub
Sep 11, 2011
I got mine preordered with Game Stop. Not really worried about the alternate costumes, but they would be nice to have if you plan on going through the game multiple times, just so you look different on a different play through.