ATL vs NE

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Easley, SC
www.gamerhandles.com
Rupees
I guess there's no shame in losing to the 3 time world champions. There's also probably no shame in losing on a FG by one of the greatest clutch kickers of all time. OH WELL. It really would've been great to win this game, and I seriously thought we were. After seeing Carolina manhandle them, and San Diego beat the living shit out of them, I thought our chances at home were good. First, I thought their rookie O-line would be giving up sacks left and right. Yeah, we only had 1 sack, and we flat out got dominated up front. Dillon hadn't done shit all year and had a 100 yard game because they were so dominate. Not to mention Brady had a good deal of time, not that that matters. It really shows how weak our secondary is without a pass rush. Webster got his ass beat all day and it looked like one of our better tacklers, Cash, broke his arm. So you'd think with Brady throwing for 350 yards and Dillon rushing for 100, we'd be boned, right? You might think yeah, but what about Michael Vick? Oh he's not playing? You're definitely boned! Not the case. Schaub looked great, especially with our receiving corps. The Patriots had a lot of injuries on defense, but they managed to patch up some of those holes as always. Crumpler and Finneran looked awesome, and they definitely have great hands. Everyone else, not so much. Dez White continued his string of sucktitude by dropping a sure 50 yard gain, and almost dropping a TD pass. Roddy continued to not play and when he actually did, managed not to get open. Jenkins showed that he still sucks and he loves to stop in the middle of a route because the ball isn't thrown perfectly. Dunn looked good and made some big plays, and Duckett had a couple of nice runs, but it turned out we just couldn't over come those blown coverages and big runs. However, I'd say losing by 3 to the reigning world champions with our backup quarterback sure says a lot about our swagger. I guess it's just an example of how the AFC is a lot better than the NFC. I still think the Falcons are the best team in the NFC and have a good shot of making it to the Super Bowl. We'll see...

In other news, let everyone shut up about the Falcons being the one man team. Schaub is just as poised and accurate as Jake Delhomme, and a lot better than Brian Griese. Speaking of Griese, I now deem the Lucks one of the NFL's elite 1-man teams. Cadillac goes away, and you don't score a touchdown. Way to go.

D

Dave

<div class="bbWrapper">Yeah, I was baffled at how badly their O-line dominated our D-line. I mean, you figured since most of their starters on both lines are out, we'd crush them. Yeah, wasn't the case! We only got one sack and we hardly ever got pressure on Brady. Secondary needs major work. Offense and defense. Crumpler and Finneran are the only two solid guys that can catch in the secondary, and our whole secondary defense needs major work. And it doesn't help that we just lost Cash and Hartwell. But oh well, you win some you lose some. We'll get better over the next week, and keep on trucking. It won't happen again. But it is good to know that we have a solid second-string QB. I mean, most teams would be fucked if they lost their starting QB, but not us. Schaub is seriously better than a good many starting QBs, and I have a shit load of confidence in him. I'm not saying he should start over Vick, but if Vick can't play I don't worry like most other teams do. Like Logan said, we had our ''one-man team'' out today, and we only lost by 3 to the defending world champs. Which is a huge testament that we are not a one-man team at all. We are the best team in the NFC, and know we can go all the way to the super bowl. As long as we keep improving and get stronger in the secondary, we'll get there. Oh, and I'd like to congratulate the Bucs for losing to the Jets today. Why? Simple, they didn't have their one-man team with them. Couldn't even score a touchdown. Ouch.</div>

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Easley, SC
www.gamerhandles.com
Rupees
Let's not forget that we have a week to get our shit back together and play New Orleans. Let's also not forget that NO fucking sucks and that Aaron Brooks is worse than Daunte Culpepper.

PS: They think Hartwell is out for the year, but Cash might be ok.

Last edited:
A

andrew

<div class="bbWrapper">I saw a lot of bad judgements by the refes! They blew ass!</div>

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Greenville
Rupees
Logan said:
In other news, let everyone shut up about the Falcons being the one man team. Schaub is just as poised and accurate as Jake Delhomme, and a lot better than Brian Griese.
But is he better than Steve McNair or Billy Volek? =)

34-20

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Easley, SC
www.gamerhandles.com
Rupees
I also deem andrews post hilariously pathetic and sigworthy.

Even thought it does sound pathetic it was true.

They called Schaub out of bounds on his first down scramble when he was actually in by a mile.

They didn't call the blatant block in the back on D-Mo during that TD.

They called Kerney offsides when the OL was the one that flinched.

There were other gay calls, but I forget. Must've been the same crew that called the TB/Detroit game. Who can forget the famous "lolz, i maid a shitee call so im gunna say even if a receevur haz hiz handz on the bawl, duznt meen itz puzesshun LOLZ!"

Last edited:

Bronson

I'll need a badge.
Nov 10, 2003
Greenville
Rupees
No, I don't think Volek played. We didn't need him. McNair was so hurt, he couldn't help but lead us to victory.

D

Dave

<div class="bbWrapper">Corn is no place for a mighty warrior! ARROW TWO'D!</div>

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Easley, South Carolina
Rupees
I'm reading some of these old names and every player I am whispering, "That guy sucked....he was okay..sucked...sucked...sucked..."

Falcons win the Super Bowl by no less than 50 points. Bet the farm on it. Thanks in advance.