A very serious talk about 911 and GTA III

cameroncrogers

Cameroncrogers
Sep 2, 2011
I have been thinking lately about this.
You all know gta 3 was majorly changed due to the 911 attack.
Like missions were cut, the dodo plane was changed to be very hard to fly... etc.

But, what if 911 never happened?
You all know those 2 holes and construction going on in liberty city on staunton island in GTA 3. Well, do you think those where the twins? Well cause, if the attacks did not happen, where would the twins of been? Cause according to the image here:
gta3_artwork_01.jpg

There would be no location for the world trade center. But LC is based on new york. So where would they of been?

Here is my edit to make the world trade center fit:
24pfi9w.jpg

So to me, this does not make since. Why in the BETA gta 3, which was created before 911, not include the world trade center? Then after, those zones are altered and changed major like, then 2 holes where added near the upper tip...
I would like to discuss this.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
idk anything about anything but maybe they just didn't put them in the beta because they were lazy? then they were like "oh good we don't have to put them in cool"

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Maybe they were designing the city and got to the towers, and one dude looks up and says "Aww man, I really don't feel like making these towers". And the guys next to him says "I know a way we could skip them".

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
MORPHEUS! WHAT CAN WE EXPECT FROM THIS ORGY?!

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
The original Deus Ex came out in 2000 and the towers weren't visible in the New York skyline.

"During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. Harvey Smith has explained that due to texture memory limitations, the portion of the skyline with the twin towers exists in the game's data files but had to be left out of the final game, with the other half mirrored in place of it. According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline.[38]"

cameroncrogers

Cameroncrogers
Sep 2, 2011
well i believe they would of been in the game, however as far as we know the statue of liberty was not in GTA III betas either. But the empire state building, the brooklyn bridge and a few other buildings are.