5/18/2011: Podcast #1: Pre-E3 Edition!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
servbot.png

Direct Link: http://gamerhandles.com/logan/Podcast2.mp3

So ol Andrew had the idea of starting up a Podcast and we gave it a go. It's nothing fancy and we're still trying to get used to recording/editing, so the quality is bound to go up.

So anyone that listens, tell us what you think below. We'd love some feedback!

Podcast #1 Notes:

E3:
-Microsoft Press Conference (1:03)
-Sony Press Conference (7:30)
-Nintendo Press Conference (10:50)

Games:
-Mass Effect 3 (14:15)
-Gears of War 3 (16:23)
-Duke Nukem Forever (17:44)
-Batman: Arkham Asylum (20:50)
-Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (22:59)
-Bioshock: Infinite (23:41)
-Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (25:33)
-Final Fantasy 13-2 (28:27)

New Systems:

-Xbox 720 (31:53)
-Kinect (33:10)
-3DS (34:55)
-Project Cafe (36:06)

Final Thoughts:
-Chris (39:53)
-Andrew (40:11)
-Logan (40:25)

Last edited:

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
i honestly thought it was really good for a first try!

i hope to hear moar!

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
im listening to it now
the audio quality is rather good
what did you use for gathering voices?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
im listening to it now
the audio quality is rather good
what did you use for gathering voices?

hey thanks frand.

we used skype for the voices with a recording utility. i didn't tinker with the settings too much and it outputted to mono and I just said fuck it. I'll make it sound better next time.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
hey thanks frand.

we used skype for the voices with a recording utility. i didn't tinker with the settings too much and it outputted to mono and I just said fuck it. I'll make it sound better next time.
i thought it was skype, it usually is for podcasts
i cant wait for more and maybe more people

TalesOfPants

Project DIVA
Mar 23, 2011
Used to do a kombo.com/advanced media network podcast, and have been on a few for some other sites. I'll listen to this after work in the morning and let you know what I think. There's a few things you can do when recording to help clean things up if that's an issue (we shall see).

Also, Bacon Waffles.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Well we kind of did this on a whim the other night so I never fiddled with audio. Sounded fine through my headset, Travis said it was a bit low. We'll still brand this a work in PROGRESS.

:chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn: :chikn:

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Used to do a kombo.com/advanced media network podcast, and have been on a few for some other sites. I'll listen to this after work in the morning and let you know what I think. There's a few things you can do when recording to help clean things up if that's an issue (we shall see).

Also, Bacon Waffles.

Maybe we could get some advice from you! I'm glad someone besides us 3 is going to be listening to it. :D

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
i just got done listening to it, Great job Logan, Chris, and Andrew
good predictions and it was fun to listen to
there are a few things I would have added based on what I like (ie. Battlefield 3, Prototype 2, maybe a new Pokemon game)
and I would have brought up what if Microsoft made a handheld to compete with the NGP

but overall, I cant wait till the next podcast

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
there are a few things I would have added based on what I like (ie. Battlefield 3, Prototype 2, maybe a new Pokemon game)
and I would have brought up what if Microsoft made a handheld to compete with the NGP

hey thanks for the kind words buddy!

like I said, we were kind of just riffing and hitting the high points. It was pretty loose so it got edited down a ton. We were worried about time and it turned out to be pretty short, we'll be a lot more organized next time I like to think. Maybe get more people involved.

:tom:

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011

THANKS BUDDY!

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
aw thanks frands

if i had a tablet i could've made it a lot cleaner and nicer. maybe if i get one i'll spruce it up!