A Link to the Past.....The Sequel?

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
that means it doesnt matter because it ZELDA, who dafuq cares!!!

jeez. and you guys say i have a hard on for assassins creed. :wtf: i love zelda too. im just saying what appeals to me is the whole "clean slate" you get when starting a new zelda game. that every incarnation is its own standalone story in a way. im picky about titles for some reason. so seeing a number with a zelda game is kinda weird to me.

not that any of this applies to me anyway. i havent owned a nintendo handheld since game boy color.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
im picky about titles for some reason. so seeing a number with a zelda game is kinda weird to me.

i'm pretty sure the title is just a placeholder to promote it's a sequel to lttp. i don't see them calling it "Link to the Past 2".

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
i'm pretty sure the title is just a placeholder to promote it's a sequel to lttp. i don't see them calling it "Link to the Past 2".

they're japanese. it wouldnt be the craziest thing i've seen them do.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
they're japanese. it wouldnt be the craziest thing i've seen them do.

Lol. Idk, we haven't seen a Zelda sequel numbered since The Adventure of Link. And while I can't think of another LoZ game that has been a direct sequel other than AoL, there have been "spiritual successors." Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Majora's Mask... I'm assuming that this is going to be as much of a sequel to Link to the Past as PH is to Wind Waker. Especially since it's a handheld game.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Okay, I just called them spiritual successors because they're not DIRECT sequels but I suppose they are sequels nonetheless. Also, this thread is getting way too fucking off track. TL;DR I personally don't think this will take place RIGHT after LttP and I would bet my life on the assumption that it's not going to be called Link to the Past 2.

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I'm actually really excited to see what they are going to do. Also scrappy, don't compare Legend of Zelda to AC. As much as I have enjoyed some of the crap with assassin's creed, zelda will always be better. Sorry. The story is always gonna be better too and not some lame ass conspiracy. Just saying, BUT with what Bayli is saying, I agree there is no way it will be called Link to the Past 2 they are just focusing on the same world that THAT Link came from.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
The Legend of Zelda: Another Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Good Old Days

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
omgs what if he returns to the first game in the timeline, which at this point is skyward sword. omgssssss

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
they should make a zelda game where link can jump through time/space to meet up with the other incarnations of the hero of time or whatever. you could revisit the world from each zelda game! maybe ganon somehow gets the same power and is going back to each incarnation to try and stop them all, and you have to reverse the changes he made and stop him from interfering.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
I'm actually really excited to see what they are going to do. Also scrappy, don't compare Legend of Zelda to AC. As much as I have enjoyed some of the crap with assassin's creed, zelda will always be better. Sorry. The story is always gonna be better too and not some lame ass conspiracy. Just saying, BUT with what Bayli is saying, I agree there is no way it will be called Link to the Past 2 they are just focusing on the same world that THAT Link came from.

i didnt bring up assassins creed once lol

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
jeez. and you guys say i have a hard on for assassins creed. :wtf: i love zelda too. im just saying what appeals to me is the whole "clean slate" you get when starting a new zelda game. that every incarnation is its own standalone story in a way. im picky about titles for some reason. so seeing a number with a zelda game is kinda weird to me.
yeah okay and I'm the easter bunny.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
yeah, lol at comparing zelda and assassins creed.

One has produced maybe 15 games since 1985.
The other has produced about 10 games since like 2007.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
oh lol guess i did bring it up. but i wasnt really talking about the franchise...just about comparing our fandom. i think the zelda games are much better quality than the ac games.

and im kind of annoyed at that franchise for the same reason. they had a good system going of each numbered installment being a new era and having just a subtitle for the ones in the same. now they have a numbered game with a subtitle. like wtf?

Last edited:

Lulu

Kupo!
Nov 9, 2011
I understand what you are saying completely, but I suggest just seein this through and THEN judge it. Zelda has never let me down yet. I doubt it will this time considering Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game, hands down.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
i know we've done this about 700 times but TOP FIVE ZELDA GAMES GOGOGO

1. Wind Waker
2. Link to the Past
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Link's Awakening
5. Skyward Sword

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.