Game: Zelda Twilight Princess

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
So...yeah. I know I'm about 5 years late to the party, but I just finished Twilight Princess, and GODDAMN was it great. The 4 tiered fight with Ganondorf was in my opinion one of the best fights in the entire series. The music and environments were top notch, the dungeons were challenging yet not tedious, the game was just fantastic. The only real gripe I have with the game are the forced Wolf sections early on. Once you got to switch between human and wolf though, everything was GREAT.

Overall, I'd put it below Ocarina of Time but above Wind Waker. Amazing game.
9.8/10

2z9k3gk.gif

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I agree with this review! I thought Midna was a great character and I also loved the end fight!

I also de-walmartified your picture.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Zelda's had a history of annoying ass sidekicks. Midna was easily the best of them. I WAS SAD TO SEE MIDNA GO. When Navi left I was like GOOD RIDDANCE BITCH.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
For some reason I didn't seem to enjoy this as much as the other console Zeldas. I may give it another try, though. Maybe I'll enjoy it more this time around.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
twilight princess is almost tied with ocarina of time for me!
so good ;O;

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Did you guys play it on the Wii or Gamecube? Which one had better controls?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I played it on GC and the controls were fine.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think the wolf parts got repetitive quick, but I loved this game just like any other Zeldas.

I played it on the Wii and you had to waggle that damn remote anytime you wanted to swing your sword so there was a tiny bit of delay. Also the Wii version is mirrored of the gamecube version so link isnt left handed. It's probably better to play the gamecube version I think.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I played it on Wii. The waggle is fine. I didn't mind it.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I own it for Wii, but I think I might download the GC one, I think I'd prefer the GC controls.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
The wolf part was a little repetitive in the beginning because of how much you actually had to rely on it to move through the game. Once you move on and can switch in and out on your own, it's pretty nifty since you still have to do some things (like find those stones and howl the song in order to learn new moves) as the wolf.

The boss fights in this game were great. Nothing gets better than the nostalgic battle with Ganondorf.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
You should give it another run SAB. Once you get into it, it's fantastic.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
This thread makes me think. What the fuck happened to Metroid? Where my great new Metroid game!?

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
Other M wasn't any good?