Some of the Old Members

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
First, I'd like to start out by saying how close this place (and its predecessors) has been, and always will be, to my heart. Going all the way back to ZeldaGlitches (I was obsessed with Ocarina of Time and trying to find the Triforce. I scourged the internet for glitches and rumors, and that's how I first found this place), Xtreme, Xeforce, and back. This place is the very first message board I ever joined.

The best part about this forum has always been the members. I'm really thankful that the old posts are still here- I just read the thread where Ultima and happytvrk when on a date. I wanted to make a thread that could maybe reminisce on some of those ancient members. Do you still keep in touch with anyone from the forums? Travis, do you ever still talk to Jerint or Ultima? How about belle (looks like she got banned ages ago for who knows what)?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Welcome Back!

I haven't talked to Ultima for probably about 10 years or so, Jerint even more. Really around the time Ultima and Jerint went on that date is when Jerint went MIA at least as far as talking to me, lol. Belle was here a couple years ago, but I don't believe she is banned??

Overall most of the forum people I'm friends with on FB. I still talk to Logan and Andrew almost daily.

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
On some of the old threads (like 2003) her name was just black and not clickable, so that's why I assumed that. So Travis, do you have any ambitions to run a site/community again?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Oh that's because whenever forums got hacked way back when, they deleted those users and when the users were restored it didn't associate those posts with the users for whatever reason. I think a few of your old posts are like that.

I go back and forth on the community thing. It would be nice for the website to be busy again and I do gain some motivation, or perhaps nostalgia more than anything, and work on the website. Unfortunately it is one of those things where it's combination of laziness with how much work it requires and forums being killed off for social websites like Facebook and Reddit that tend to kill my desire. I'm not a teenager anymore, so after I get home now I generally just want to take a nap lol.

I still do stuff on the ZeldaXtreme website every now and then because I still enjoy building web pages and it is still useful for learning purposes. I just recently built a website for the FFXIV free company that me and Logan are a part of that gathers member's information and other general guild stats.

Overall, I don't predict the forums are going to go anywhere anytime soon. They are completely dead nowadays with just me and Logan coming here and occasionally Dave, but they are still good for some laughs from time to time. Perhaps one day the forums will spring back to life.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I really don't care where I am in life, I'll always pop in and out of here as long as they're up and running, if not for the simple act of going back and reading random threads. Way too many good memories of this place.

:mormor:

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I wonder how long after the inevitable bullet biting that this forum will stay up regardless until the debt collectors come a-callin?

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
Sort of surprised you've kept the forums bill paid this whole time!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
y aint the background SS for that FFXIV guild this one

ffxiv_04052015_225618.png