Nintendo 3DS Nay or Yay?

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
I want one, mostly just for OoT, but I can't see myself getting one anytime soon.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
I just got a 3DS on Tuesday for my birthday, and I must say, I am really pleased with the hardware itself. But, the software is the problem. The only game I would gladly pay money for is Ocarina of Time 3D, and might I say, it uses the 3D beautifully. But... I don't know. I'm not really interested in anything else right now. But, let's not forget that DS launch titles weren't all that special, either.

The only reason I went ahead and got one was because it was an opportunity to get it as a gift. I'd recommend anyone that wanted one to either ask for it as a gift or wait until the library expands, because it's about $300 for the system and the only game that's worth a shit.

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
Undecided
I wouldnt mind having one but I bought a XL not long before the 3DS came out and I still have my fat DS
If more games I wanted came out then maybe but not now

rman

The Grapist!!
Mar 8, 2011
Not just a nay....but a shanaynay

60677_o.gif

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I'm a world class mooch so I'll probably use Bayli's forever, but I was impressed with the hardware. The 3D effect is nice, but it tends to give me a headache sometimes. The Resident Evil game sounds good (Not mercenaries, that's apparently ASS) but everything else that's not a first-party game is a remake.

SSF43D looks cool, but I have it on my gigantic TV with my big fancy fightstick. MGS3 is a great game, but apparently, I could just rebuy it this year with Peace Walker and play them on my big fancy TV!

The only way I'd consider buying one would be for...

[video=youtube;kN1Om_Jpog4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN1Om_Jpog4[/video]

until they cancel it of course, then there's only one option

[video=youtube;H6vise1xZwk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6vise1xZwk[/video]

:hangfrog: :hangfrog: :hangfrog: :hangfrog: :hangfrog:

megafrog.png

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
The only way I'd consider buying one would be for...

[video=youtube;kN1Om_Jpog4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN1Om_Jpog4[/video]

I was on the Devroom earlier today and saw that Capcom of Japan removed MML3 from their front page, just like they did MMU before cancelling it. :(

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
[video=youtube;epUOoPuiyZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUOoPuiyZM[/video]

:ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu: :ryu:

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
BUT they just voted on the Bright Bats mascot. So, I'm assuming they wouldn't just pick someone's design and then say "sorry it's been cancel"

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Won't happen.

Because when someone like Svennson says "Hey we should cancel that and rerelease MvC3 for 50 dollars" there will be nobody to check him.

They'll all laugh and light cigars with 100 dollar bills because the legend has departed.

keiji.png

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Someone make a Keiji Tribute Video set to sad piano music.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think the 3DS is something you just grow to be accustomed too. I don't feel the strange feeling I do anymore when I look at the screen. However, the 3D effect is incredibly narrow and I find too often that I get too far out of it's range and it's annoying when that happens. Otherwise the 3d effect is really nice.

The software sucks, there is only a few great games. Although it was dreadful before the June EShop launch. The hardware also kinda sucks in the sense the battery sucks shit. I have the addon battery for it and it is still way too short for me. My hands also feel cramped sometimes when excessive use of the dpad and buttons. I'm not sure why, I never had that problem with the DS or DS Lite.

I think the price is too high as well, $50 cheaper than sure maybe. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret the purchase, however in the back of my mind, I'm worried that they will fix all my issues in a year and I will be forced to buy another. If you have the money, then sure go ahead and get it.

People are saying that the NGP is going to be so much better than the 3DS, because it's so much better spec wise, but I feel that this race will be the same as the DS and PSP competitions. Sony seems to care more about bringing ps2/ps3 games to their portables while Nintendo seems more interested in unique experiences. There is nothing wrong with the Sony strategy, but if you already have the consoles, why would you want to play them on a small screen?

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
People are saying that the NGP is going to be so much better than the 3DS, because it's so much better spec wise, but I feel that this race will be the same as the DS and PSP competitions. Sony seems to care more about bringing ps2/ps3 games to their portables while Nintendo seems more interested in unique experiences. There is nothing wrong with the Sony strategy, but if you already have the consoles, why would you want to play them on a small screen?

Exactly.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
So many correct judgements and predictions in this thread it is borderline PSYCHIC.