Mario 64 DS

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
First off, this isn't simply a 'port' of the original N64 game, but it also isn't a complete remake. The graphics of the levels remain the same, although the textures are much nicer. But the characters look way better.

Its awsome that you can use different characters, and there are enough new stars and differences from the original to make this worth getting even if you've played Mario 64. And if you haven't played Mario 64 (you know who you are...), then you must get this. That is, if you have a DS...

The controls take a little getting used to, but after a while its second nature using the thumbstrap to move your characters around. I would recommend this method over the D-pad.

I also absolutely love the minigames, I actually think I've spent more time with them then the actual game. They really show off how the stylus can be used, and they really got me excited about Wario Ware DS.

Anyhoo, if you have a DS, you should have this game.

D

Don Francisco

Is the NDS backwards compatible with all GB, GBC, and GBA games? That may be the deciding factor of my purchase decision.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's only backward compatiable with GBA games. I beat Super Mario 64 DS with 150 stars in 4 days and have all the mini games unlocked. Too easy.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Yesh, although the controls piss me off at times.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
D-pad, I can't use the touch screen to move for crap.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
gah, I hate the D-pad, its too hard to move quickly.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
the thumbstap makes a fairly good joystick simulation

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I want wario ware. The minigames were the best part of Mario DS. But then again, I've already played the original.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
and Hide and boo seek is the best minigame of all of them.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
what minigames are your favorite? I like the mario trampoline ones, and the wario bomb ones