Logan

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
How far were you running when you first started exercising, and how far did you run the last time?

I'm trying to figure out how far I should be running, as I ran 2 and a half miles yesterday and I'm not sure if that's enough.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
You're talking to Logan but I'm gonna chip in and tell you that it isn't distance that matters, it's time/caloric expendature. That is, assuming you're trying to lose weight instead of actually train for distance running.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
i exercised for like 2 hours every day. about an hour of that being running/jogging/something aerobic.

but it was something like 3 1/2 to 4 miles to answer your question.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
I don't think I could exercise for two hours straight, at least not yet.

I exercised yesterday in the morning before work, and then when I got home from work, and then before I went to bed and it was probably around two hours or so total. I plan to do the same today.

Of course it's probably more beneficial to do it all at once than spread out over the day.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
yeah just ease yourself into it. i also tried to vary it somewhat to break up the monotony.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
well i put the treadmill in front of the tv so i have somethin to do

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
the treadmill also has a music system but i dont use it

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
i hate running but its the only thing that pretty much works..

or if you like to swim that can work too.

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
No pretty much any activity that gets your heart rate up for prolonged periods works

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
ive jog/ran 30 min straight every night for over a week. I usually go more than 2 miles in that time. Although I did run for 40 mins and covered 2.7 miles in one night. Ive lost about 10-15 pounds since a little before christmas

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
No way :O

holy shit haha. Grats..

im sure college will make me loose weight. all my classes are diffrent god damn buildings.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
the weight i lost so far isnt that noticeable i guess. my stomach is a little tighter i suppose. more noticeable is how far my endurance has gained.

Natalie

Monkeys killing monkeys
Nov 20, 2007
lost it in your face?.

still awesome. i need to run.. i just cant be fucked to