Final Fantasy XI with Hard Disk Drive for PlayStation 2

jr27430

:)
Nov 10, 2003
The internal 40 GB Hard Disk Drive takes the PlayStation 2 to the next evolutionary phase! Preloaded with FFXI, this combo will utilize the Network Adapter (sold separately) to bring you the first massively multiplayer online role-playing game in the Final Fantasy series. The hard drive ushers in the ability for downloadable content, saving cds to create a personal jukebox, faster loading times and simultaneous gameplay between PC and PS2 users in the FFXI world! FFXI throws players into the world of Vana'diel standing at the brink of war. Three nations stand against a force of insurmountable evil. You are their last hope. Unite with adventures all around the globe to save Vana'diel from the clutches of doom! I found this on yahoo search. Check it out!

Just for $89.99 at best buy.:cool:

Last edited:
D

Don Francisco

I have it. And the point isn't for one game - the harddrive is for many games. However, since you NEED it to play FFXI on the PS2 and no other games need it (although some could argue that Resident Evil: Outbreak needs it), Sony decided to package it with FFXI.

jr27430

:)
Nov 10, 2003
It's seem pretty cool to have. We going to get it when we get the PS2. How do you put the internal 40 GB Hard Disk Drive in the PS2 with out breaking the warranty on it? Plus I have heard that the PS2 won't run right when you open it. Is this TRUE? I think it should be a exinternal Drive and plug in a port some how. Master Yoda, how did you put it in with out screwing it up?

D

Don Francisco

Dudes, the PS2 was made with this in mind. Sony is not going to have you mess up your warranty for using one of THEIR OWN PRODUCTS. You just unscrew the network adapter, slide in the harddrive, put the network adapter back on and screw it in. Takes like 2 minutes, seriously. The PS2 works just fine when you plug it in. Just make sure you don't have it plugged in when you're messing with it. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Groose
Nov 10, 2003
hey did you know that new posts in staff forum threads dont show up in the new posts lists on the front page

Patrick

Quite
Nov 10, 2003
no i didn't but i could come to that conclusion so that people that aren't staff still don't see it