Ffxi

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
i saw it at a store i almost got it until i saw the monthly price part, and the fact you can't play it offline

Mitch

The Big Dog
Sep 13, 2007
you say you would enjoy paying to play a game, that you already bought?
then play one for free?

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
the first month is free
Im willing to try it for a month to see if I would like it. HOWEVER, Ultima was supposed to wait until I got it too, so we could play on the same server. Bastard.

D

Don Francisco

Even if you got it at the same time, the chances of you two ending up on the same server are dismal unless you both create your character at the EXACT same time (down to the second or so), then you might have a chance. If you ask me, you'd have a better chance of Ultima spending his free month getting enough money for a world pass, then you get the game and Ultima pays another month and uses the world pass to join your server or vice versa.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
In this are based on personal experience? According to the reviews I have read, the chance isn't certain, but it's a HELL of a lot higher that I would get on the same server if I created a character roughly around the same time as him... not down to the last second.

D

Don Francisco

Not personal experience, this is also from what I have read (unfortunately I will have to wait a little longer before I can play :(). That was just my advice from what I have read, it's in no way official and I haven't tried it out yet.

Kalnaur

Gibdo
Nov 10, 2003
I have heard that a certain amount of time should be devoted to a world pass. It is the only sure fire way of getting on the same server. They should only take about 100 Gil (3 hrs) to attain.

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I AM NOT A BASTARD. My friend has world passes for both of us, Travis. Josh is buying the world pass tomorrow, and I have no idea when they expire - get this game as soon as possible.

Kalnaur, World Passes are very expensive. It only takes like 30-60 minutes to get 100 gil at the very early levels.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think PA (penny-arcade) said it took them like 7 hours straight to afford a world pass. I will try to get the game soon, but I have no real life moolah.

Kalnaur

Gibdo
Nov 10, 2003
Actually, Sneak on the PA boards (SE++) only took 3 hours getting a world pass around the San Doria area.

Edit: and it cost him about 1200 Gil for a World Pass on Carbuncle. The price depends on the population of the server.

Last edited:

Ultima9999

lolz mog
Nov 10, 2003
I think the world pass expired today. Don't worry: I should have enough money to purchase another one.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
the first month is free
Im willing to try it for a month to see if I would like it. HOWEVER, Ultima was supposed to wait until I got it too, so we could play on the same server. Bastard.
1458321844586.jpg