Coming Soon

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
It's announcement day everywhere. Nintendo Switch, RDR2 trailer, Logan movie, etc. and now this.

I've been working on this for the past month or so. The most technically advanced website I've ever made, with features such as a radio player that continues playing during page loads and stays fixed to the bottom of the browser window, pre-loading pages the user are about to click on, and loading those pages via ajax so everything feels much faster. There's some other stuff, but those were the main things and god were they a hassle to get all working together without throwing errors.

Let me know some comments and criticsms!

zx2.0.jpg zx2.0_2.jpg

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
thumbs-up-chuck.gif

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
Update time.

site_update.jpg site_mobile.png

Things have been moved/changed/added/removed, design is pretty much final I think, besides changing some minor elements.Also an example of the mobile version of the website.

All of the current site's contents has been switched over and I've added more beyond that.

Probably half the time has been spent on optimizations and bug fixing for the website and server backend.

Here is a comparison between the new site's load time:
speed_new.png
and the current (old) homepage as of today:
speed_old.png

Not a huge difference, but the new site's total page size was about 2.5x that before all the optimizations, not to mention that the new site is running a massive amount of scripts compared to the old, so I'm pretty happy with this. Originally IE9 and maybe 10 would throw a fit because of too many css styles on the page because of some stupid IE limitation, but I don't believe that is a problem anymore.

I would like to have everything done and switched over before December, but I seriously doubt that is going to happen. I am aiming for at least before Christmas, but we'll see.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
The website has been updated. I am still doing some bug fixes and need to update some things, but everything seems to working smooth for the most part.

Any ideas, critiques, etc. are welcome.

https://www.zeldaxtreme.com/

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
  • Admin
According to server thing, daily average hits this month is 13586

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003