Best Zelda Boss Fights

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Favorite bosses from any Zelda game.

No specific order.

1) Stallord (Twilight Princess)- The spinner was an awesome tool, and it made the boss fight fun and unique.

2) Argorok (Twilight Princess)- Had to look this one up because I completely forgot the name. Awesome fight. Battle in the sky is, again, unique and a shit-ton of fun. Hooking, mounting, and dragging the dragon down with the iron boot is always fun. And then the clawshot in the second part of the battle is about as unique as it gets in Zelda. Great stuff.

3) Trinexx (A Link to the Past)- One of the best boss fights in all of Zelda. Fire and Ice Rods were a personal favorite of mine. Also one of the few boss fights that isn't just a lot of fun, but pretty damn hard. Great fight.

4) Ganon (Wind Waker)- The Ganon battles are iconic to Zelda, and have always been some of the best battles. Whether you're sticking him with arrows, fighting him with a sword, or fighting him on horseback, these are always fun. This fight might honestly be a few of my favorite moments in all of Zelda. The final blow to Ganon in this game is as good as it gets. The sword battle is amazing, and the final scene where you take him down is as good as it gets. Amazing battle to end an amazing game.

5) Twinrova (Ocarina of Time)- Couldn't complete my list without one boss from OoT. Overall, this MAY be my favorite boss fight (but that's up for debate). Koume and Kotake team up against Link and using the mirror shield you have to absord and deflect either fire or ice back at them (similar to the Trinexx battle in A Link to the Past). Then the Twinrova battle comes, and it's just a shitstorm of awesome. The guessing, deflecting, and evading in this battle is top-notch.

scrappy

Floormaster
Mar 9, 2011
I forgot how the ganon fight in wind waker goes. I need to youtube that shit.

Anyway, I loved the twilight princess ganon fight. In OoT you first fight him as a man then as the monster and I thought TP was different in that you fight him in the reverse order. And riding around on horseback in the field fighting him as a normal human to end it was just awesome in my mind.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Yeah, TP Ganon fight (all sequences) are a lot of fun too, but Wind Waker, as a whole, is just so unique. That Ganon fight sticks out the most to me.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H_yXb6rLHJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I still haven't beaten wind waker. :ewps:

The boss battles in Skyward Sword were awesome, especially the final boss.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I also really liked the one in Majoras Mask when you were the Goron.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
^Goht

Gotta give props to Gyorg in Majora's Mask's Great Bay Temple. Pretty sure it's the only Zelda boss where you don't use the dungeon's weapon to defeat it.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Well, I guarandamntee you you'll like the Ganon fight at the end of WW.

The Majora's Mask bosses were all pretty fun, just really, really easy. Hell, the mini-boss for the Great Bay Temple, Wart, is just as hard as Gyorg. But they're all pretty fun since you don't necessarily need certain tools to beat them, just different masks. Actually, I'd say that Majora's Mask has the best mini-bosses of all the games.

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I had difficulty with Myorg on my recent play-through lol, although I agree the bosses overall were generally easier and there were far less of them - although there were a lot of sub bosses. The easiness factor probably had to do with the time limit, since if you didn't slow down time, clearing the dungeons and collecting all the fairies and such came pretty close to the 72 hour limit. Even with slowed down time, I barely cleared the Great Bay Temple and rescued the Great Fairy for that area before time was over. I think I had just over an hour left before game over.

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Moldorm_Artwork_%28A_Link_to_the_Past%29.png

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
Moldorm in the house! Nice one.

There are a shit ton of mini-bosses in Majora's Mask. Most of them are a lot of fun. I have as much fun fighting them as I do the bosses.

Wizzrobe, Wart, Gekko and Mad Jelly, Iron Knuckle, King Igos and his servants (probably my favorite), Garo Master, and Eyegore. All great fights.

The faeries is one thing I don't like about Majora's Mask. Having to find all of them in the temple in order to get powers is more annoying than it is fun. Even if you've slowed down time, it's still a hassle going through all the rooms, trying to find the faeries, and beating the temple while trying to make good time. I like the time aspect of the game, but it doesn't mesh well with beating a temple while trying to find faeries.

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Ganondorf in OOT is still one of my all time favorite fights though. The back and forth stuff is just awesome.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
I like to call that sequence the baseball battle.

It was pretty awesome that they brought that back in TP when you had to fight Zelda.