5/18/2011: Podcast #1: Pre-E3 Edition!

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
Chris and Andrew are always the MUMBLERS or rather they seem like they 5 feet from their microphones. I know this from videos I make.

Definitely need some Playstation/Nintendo Gurus to add their input. I think Podcast would be better with more conflicting views.

Of course volume and quality is something to improve in the future, although the quality did make it sound like it was a radio talk show.

For a first podcast it went very well, I listened to the whole thing although I thought I wouldn't when I saw it was 40 minutes. Wasn't as corny as I thought it was going to be and it definitely wasn't the same as when we all talk on xbox with people talking over others and stuff.

I give it a B-

Chris

Sweet Little Lies
Jan 15, 2011
Chris and Andrew are always the MUMBLERS or rather they seem like they 5 feet from their microphones. I know this from videos I make.

Definitely need some Playstation/Nintendo Gurus to add their input. I think Podcast would be better with more conflicting views.

Of course volume and quality is something to improve in the future, although the quality did make it sound like it was a radio talk show.

For a first podcast it went very well, I listened to the whole thing although I thought I wouldn't when I saw it was 40 minutes. Wasn't as corny as I thought it was going to be and it definitely wasn't the same as when we all talk on xbox with people talking over others and stuff.

I give it a B-

Yeah, we made sure to keep the talking over each other to a minimum. And thanks buddy!

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think some of the audio problems also stem from the way that program works for recording. Recording me directly from the mic makes me louder and slightly shittier sounding from what I can tell. I'll spend some time between now and E3 tinkering and trying to get the best formula.

Dave

We'll bang, okay?
Oct 7, 2006
For a first shot at a podcast, great stuff. This can get pretty big once we get the ball rolling.

Nicely done!

SuperAfroBoy

Vertical Bacon Sandwich
Super Mod
Nov 10, 2003
Awesome work guys! I wasn't expecting to listen to the whole thing but i did. It was a little weird to hear you guys talk at first, just because I have never had any voice associated with you guys until now. Once I got used to your voices, though, it was great, and I can't wait to hear (and possibly join as a guest on occasion) more in the future!

Oobs

meh...
Dec 16, 2010
I think there should be 2 kinds of podcasts
one where its serious (like this one) where we talk about major gaming events or news
and one where we all just make fun of the world, from music, to celebrities

its just an idea

Tarvis

Yeah, that's right.
Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
oobs u gonna have to update that signature on every place ya use, to change whereever it says ubertrance to have it say Oobs.

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Nah, he means the BB Code. Like if you're using that image as a sig on any other site it's gonna be like "Ubertrance.png" and you're gonna have to manually change the code to "Oobs.png"

Bayli

Weeaboo Queen
Oct 15, 2006
Gotcha! You might wanna check and see if you need to change your sig on this site, though! I think it's still at Ubertrance.png

Logan

Administrator
Nov 10, 2003
I think we'll do better next time since we'll have a lot more time to plan it out.

I could make a version that is entirely outtakes/us fucking up since we just kind of went forward with the idea we were gonna wing it.

Jay

Kept you waiting, huh?
Sep 1, 2010
I still haven't listened to any of them.

AND NONE OF YOU FUCKERS CAN FORCE ME.